Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question: 1930s/40s caps: ID this style?

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Question: 1940s caps: can you Id this style? I saw ones similar to this at the local mall Hecht's & am wondering what this type of cap is called, and what types of people wore them, on what occasions: (strictly golfers? street urchins? snotty Yale brats? :)

362105.jpg

and were there lots of style variations like Fedoras or were these type pretty much all alike except for material & color?

(and if someone knows, what to look for in terms of telling how far it strays from authentic 1940s styling): (the ones I saw I think were fine-patterned greyish tweed or plaid or something)

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
First of all....

...that ones pure D ugly. But, it looks like a Ivy Cap or maybe a one peice. They came in all colors and fabrics. The Ivy League cap is sometimes refered to as a Five Point or Flat Cap. I really prefer the Eight Panel, or 8 1/4 cap or Newsboy or Gatsby or Big Apple cap. I don't know the history of the Flat Cap but the 8 1/4 dates back to before the 1900s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou