Questions about Thedi

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by zebedee, Apr 2, 2020.

1. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

On the Thedi FB page, I see lots of models that I don't see on the regular website- mostly, these look like work coat patterns which I really like (particularly in the similar to battered tan and olive hides). These are also jackets Thedi offers, right? It's not that I'm thinking of ordering one, etc.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  2. KissMyMuscle

KissMyMuscle One of the Regulars

He will do any styles with a custom fit. He's even willing to do a repro for some vintage jackets.

zebedee likes this.
  3. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

The website hasn't been updated in a while, any model you see on FB or IG is fair game. Thedi leather is also very open to customisations :D

4. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

Thanks- there are some really great, bashed-up looking hides that would be fantastic for longer jackets.

red devil likes this.
  5. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Which colours do you have in mind?

I would recommend his natural/tan buffalo if you're going for something casual. Not a recent pic, but it would look like that if you wear it during a heatwave in london :)

[​IMG]

6. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

I like this and also the olive deer hide. I need to sell a Stockman, the apocalypse cancelled, etc. first.

7. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

Deerskin would give you more drape, this one is pretty stiff, Something to keep in mind

8. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

Useful to know- I like the idea of a shawl collar on a longer jacket, similar to SB's Statesman (but maybe not quite as long). I'm weighing options and will hopefully dismiss the whole notion in a couple of days. :)

9. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

I hope not :D

I always like seeing new jackets being posted here

10. zebedee

zebedee One Too Many

My best recent acquisition has been an Aero Maxwell in tumbled cordovan - the Maxwell is an excellent pattern: not too long, half belt and fairly close-fitting. I am also really impressed by the battered seal HH, which I have a CR in. It shows wear really quickly and the shade 'tigers' - the wear is stripy in parts.