Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Questions about Thedi

zebedee

One Too Many
On the Thedi FB page, I see lots of models that I don't see on the regular website- mostly, these look like work coat patterns which I really like (particularly in the similar to battered tan and olive hides). These are also jackets Thedi offers, right? It's not that I'm thinking of ordering one, etc.

Last edited:

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
On the Thedi FB page, I see lots of models that I don't see on the regular website- mostly, these look like work coat patterns which I really like (particularly in the similar to battered tan and olive hides). These are also jackets Thedi offers, right? It's not that I'm thinking of ordering one, etc.

The website hasn't been updated in a while, any model you see on FB or IG is fair game. Thedi leather is also very open to customisations :D

red devil

Thanks- there are some really great, bashed-up looking hides that would be fantastic for longer jackets.

Which colours do you have in mind?

I would recommend his natural/tan buffalo if you're going for something casual. Not a recent pic, but it would look like that if you wear it during a heatwave in london :)

LP80RdC.jpg

zebedee

One Too Many
Deerskin would give you more drape, this one is pretty stiff, Something to keep in mind
Useful to know- I like the idea of a shawl collar on a longer jacket, similar to SB's Statesman (but maybe not quite as long). I'm weighing options and will hopefully dismiss the whole notion in a couple of days. :)

red devil

Useful to know- I like the idea of a shawl collar on a longer jacket, similar to SB's Statesman (but maybe not quite as long). I'm weighing options and will hopefully dismiss the whole notion in a couple of days. :)

I hope not :D

I always like seeing new jackets being posted here

zebedee

One Too Many
I hope not :D

I always like seeing new jackets being posted here
My best recent acquisition has been an Aero Maxwell in tumbled cordovan - the Maxwell is an excellent pattern: not too long, half belt and fairly close-fitting. I am also really impressed by the battered seal HH, which I have a CR in. It shows wear really quickly and the shade 'tigers' - the wear is stripy in parts.

Cornelius

Practically Family
Quick Thedi Questions: How have his zippers been holding up? I've never heard anyone complain of the failures which seem to plague Aero's deadstock/repro-vintage zips. Thedi's pulls are house-branded, but does anyone know their actual manufacturer?

Moontanning

One of the Regulars
Oh man…. As if I needed more pushing to think about a Thedi project…. I’ve seen some of their jackets which I don’t see on their website and was wondering about this too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB