Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Questions on Indy jacket

Smitty920

New in Town
Hi! I just acquired an Indy (Crusades) goat skin jacket from Wested. This is my first ever leather product so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

I noticed on the right sleeve that there is a very faded spot. It looks like a stain. You can only really make it out under direct light and if you look carefully. There’s also what looks like a scar of some kind. Are both of those just imperfections in the leather, or should I have some concern?

I just got the jacket on Friday. I have worn it in very light rain with an umbrella. Any insight would be helpful. Thank you!
80A79C9F-3EE3-43A4-B819-FCCF217E9CA6.jpeg
9899CB23-D521-457A-AC25-6BD95D37905B.jpeg

Tom71

One Too Many
Personally, I wouldn’t mind much. Doesn’t look like the integrity of the leather is affected, and as for optics - leather jackets are practically bound to change and patina.
i do accept though, that with a brand new jacket expectations may differ.

Tom71

One Too Many
Personally, I wouldn’t mind much. Doesn’t look like the integrity of the leather is affected, and as for optics - leather jackets are practically bound to change and patina.
i do accept though, that with a brand new jacket expectations may differ.

Ah, sorry, I looked again at the stain and this time with artificial light. Yes, I do concur with the others: definitely something that shouldn’t be there. Please disregard the earlier post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zignice