Quick help! OTR leather jacket in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by minisoda, Apr 21, 2015.

1. minisoda

minisoda Familiar Face

I'm not thrilled with the length of my Alexander Leather Roadster (too short). I have a few hours this afternoon in San Francisco and possibly tomorrow morning. Are there any retailers that well off the shelf Aero or other solid leather jackets?

Thanks!

2. pawineguy

pawineguy One Too Many

Johnson Leathers?

3. Hard to understand your post.
    Do you mean you are seeking a vender in SF who sells Aero or other premium leather jackets to replace your Alexander..??
    HD

4. pawineguy

pawineguy One Too Many

If you don't find anything at Johnson you can get custom measured there at least.

5. minisoda

minisoda Familiar Face

Sorry for the brevity of my post... yes, I happen to be in San Fran and would love to find a retailer that sells high quality leather jackets off the rack.... kind of an impulse buy to replace or augment my Alexander.

6. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Having seen multiple posts on TFL regarding Johnson Leathers, that would likely be my first stop if I lived in the SF area and were in your shoes. Probably best though to resist any kind of impulse buy. [huh]

7. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Johnson Leathers on Polk St. Get some quarters for the parking meter. Despite seeing very few off the rack leather jackets from them on here, they DO have some very nice stuff in there you can purchase on a whim.

8. technovox

technovox One Too Many

Definitely try Johnson leathers. One option could be to redo your Alexander leathers Roadster in their Horween overdye black - but longer. They can pretty much re-produce any jacket there.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  9. minisoda

minisoda Familiar Face

Done! Just tried on a few jackets and ended up ordering custom jacket (style n2002) that is much more relaxed than the AL. They had a great lightweight distressed horsehide as well (Vermont espresso).

10. BJC88

BJC88 New in Town

That is the leather that JL is using for my custom jacket.:cool:

11. feltfan

feltfan My Mail is Forwarded Here

12. minisoda

minisoda Familiar Face

13. Vespizzare

Vespizzare A-List Customer

JL strikes again. P.S. I sorta knew you'd never go in without getting something. Aero and Alexander Leathers are okay, but they're just soo far away.

14. Edward

Edward Bartender

Make sure to post photos here when it comes in. I have a Johnson D-pocket I bought from another Lounger, and it's a very nice jacket.

15. minisoda

minisoda Familiar Face

Hey all... curious if you have any feedback on my earlier post about removing the chest pockets. I'm wondering if it might look even better without those pockets.

16. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

My preference is to keep the chest pockets but lose the handwarmers on a moto inspired jacket....but thats just me

17. technovox

technovox One Too Many

Definitely with Protein on this. My vote goes for keeping the chest pockets, nix the hand warmers. Based on my experience, the vintage cafe racers with only the chest pockets typically hold more value, all other things being equal. And it's a truly classic cafe racer look.

18. IXL

IXL One Too Many

I always thought it was nuts to forego the hand warmer pockets on a moto jacket. I then purchased a Vanson/Insurrection PLU-3, which only has the two chest pockets. I absolutely love this jacket.

19. pawineguy

pawineguy One Too Many

I agree with everyone above, keep the chest and lose the hand warmers...

20. Edward

Edward Bartender

On these short jackets, handwarmers are decorative only for me. I can reach me trews... chest pockets are more use for wallets, field telephone and such. With a cafe racer, I'd go chest pockets only, same as denim.