Quick, your house is on fire. What single jacket do you rescue?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by LaymanX, Jan 25, 2016.

1. LaymanX

LaymanX One of the Regulars

Naturally we shall assume all your loved ones are safe and sound, and that the weather outside has no bearing on the choice you make!

For me, that jacket is probably my Vanson x Epaulet Trident jacket. Modeled after the Model B, it has slightly taken in shoulders, blacked out hardware and is made using their midweight Z150 leather.

I never expected to grow to love this jacket so much. In fact, I picked it up from Epaulets sale section for peanuts after my brother insisted I give Vanson a try. When I first got the jacket, it fit extremely boxy and awkward. Only after months of wear, did the jacket start to drape and just feel downright comfortable. Now, I consider it my best fitting jacket!

image.jpeg

Monitor, sweetfights and Fanch like this.
  2. CBI

CBI One Too Many

A fire, grab one jacket? My original Aero 21996 A-2 - seal brown.

will add pic later

3. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

The one my wife is wearing...

4. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Unless she reads this forum, your fawning response ain't going to get you much mileage.

5. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

It's true though. I already lived through the Northridge quake in '94 and all I grabbed were my kids. I literally went outside in my underwear and wedding ring. God and wife as my witness...

mr_lits, Carlos840 and nick123 like this.
  6. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

I remember it well. Just closed on a new house, but had not yet moved in. Existing house was decimated. New house was hardly impacted.

I wasn't able to grab anything on the way out . . . my (ex)wife and I could hardly get ourselves out.

7. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

I'd just stay in the house.

mr_lits and Monitor like this.
  8. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend

Tweed-Wintercoat.

9. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Wife is all I have now. Well, and the cats. They can get out on their own. Kids may have to come and pull us out now. :)
    But...if I have to pick a jacket, it's between my GW Ventura and my Aero 50's HBD. The Aero, I don't wear, but it was a gift for my 20th wedding anniversary; it was my first bespoke jacket; we picked it up in person from Aero. It's special, but I don't really wear it. The GW is my goto. So one of the two.

10. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

None. That way I can start again.

Carlos840, eugenesque and navetsea like this.
  11. RapidReaper

RapidReaper Familiar Face

Wainwright Irvin, because I'm still trying to break that one in. I keep it draped over the back of my reading chair in my finished basement study right next to a window which opens directly onto my back yard, with a 1 foot drop from sill to soil. That way I could actually be outside of the house while it's burning down and still reach in through the window and grab it if I had to. Kid you not, I've thought this scenario through.
    Taking it a little further, the spigot for my back yard hose is 4 feet to the right of the window so I can spray directly into that room and (theoretically) quell any flames long enough to retrieve anything i could pick up and throw outside.

12. tonypaj

tonypaj Practically Family

I'd lock my wife in the house... I would take the first jacket that I see, and save the dog.

nick123 likes this.
  13. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

As much as i complain about it, i would take my Diamond Clothing J-100!
    For the simple reason that all my other ones are replaceable, this one isn't for two reasons, the leather is the most unique i have seen, and i never want to deal with DD ever again...

[​IMG]

felix03, nick123 and Monitor like this.
  14. Doctor Damage

Doctor Damage My Mail is Forwarded Here

God forbid it happens, but I suppose my nomex collection would survive if the heat didn't get too bad... might be a bit black though.

15. Monitor

Monitor

lol Carlos!

Ditto. I guess I'd wrap my dog into Vanson Mod. A and give it all to my girl, to run out with it.

[​IMG]

ButteMT61 and nick123 like this.
  16. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

As much as I like my leather jacket, I'd probably grab this one:
    [​IMG]
    I think it might be flame retardant as well :)

17. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

^^ That's awesome! And given the design, I'd say it was made to be flame resistant, Shaggy!

Monitor likes this.
  18. devilish

devilish A-List Customer

All of mine hang together in one wardrobe so I would bundle them all in my arms at once and run.

19. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Best jacket ever!

20. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Aero Thunder Bay.... Maybe my Viet Nam vintage Southern Athletic N-3B as it can't be easily replaced. Though I'd be sorely tempted to let my Home Owners insurance let me start all over again!

Worf