Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

R.I.P. cooncatbob :: Robert H. Smith

J.B.

Practically Family
I just wanted to pass along info that Lounge Member cooncatbob (Robert Harold Smith, 56, of Carmichael, California) passed away on April 9, 2012. He had been a member here since 2/2007. I did not know him and was uncertain where to post this, since he seemed to post in several of the forums areas here?!

The Sacramento County Coroner's Office website verifies his passing.

Bob was also a very respected member of many razor and shaving internet forums and was an extremely skilled artisan whose razor-handle creations were legendary among enthusiasts and collectors!

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-13854.html

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/294605-Robert-Smith-CooncatBob-of-Bob-s-Razor-Works

He seems to have been well liked by all. If you read Post #140 of the Badger & Blade link above -- it appears that he was cremated with no services held and at present no obituary has been written... People just seem to be learning of this, but I didn't see anything here about him on tFL.

Thanks -- I just wanted someone to know.
R.I.P. cooncatbob.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I did not know Bob, but he was spoken of very highly on another forum. He was a gentleman and fine craftsman. He will be missed.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
I had communicated with him since he started making his beautiful razors, even have one of his prototypes here. I will have to break it out and use it tomorrow to remember a true gentleman.

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
He was a wonderful craftman, with true talent.....and he was very insightful...a pleasure to share ideas...
He will be missed....God rest his soul...and give comfort to his loved ones...

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Have to give my best to his family and to also say, this is a very kind thing that we have someone to bring it to our attention. Seems it grows on me every day that good people are "here".

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Very sorry to hear of this.

While I had never met him I did buy an Art Light from him and we PM'd awhile..He seemed like a gentleman for sure. If I remember correctly I think Art told me it was one of the first ones he had made......

1pw6xy.jpg

I shall wear it in honor of Bob tomorrow......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff