Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

R.I.P., Crocodile Hunter

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It may be trite, but at least he died doing what he loved. For a guy like him (and his family) it has to beat going out in a car wreck or something pedestrian.

Dixon Cannon

Oh Crikey!!!

R.I.P. Steve Irwin. The ironic thing is The Croc Hunter was in negotiations with a Las Vegas resort to develope a stage show to fill the void left by Sigfried & Roy. Uncanny. What a tragedy - my thoughts are with his young wife and family. (His little daughter was with him on the reef during the filming project.) Too sad. :cry:

-dixon cannon

ChorusGirl

Familiar Face
I too, was sad to read about Steve this moring. I agree it seems so surreal. He was such a crazy guy- you kept expecting this sort of thing to happen, but somehow, he always managed to survive, so it never seemed that it really would happen. My best to his family.

-C.G.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
He Pushed The Envelope

I once asked the director of my local zoo if he ever watched the "Crocodile Hunter" and he replied "I can't watch that guy, he scares me".

R.I.P. Steve Irwin

Doh!

One Too Many
This is yet another example of why life isn't always fair: here was a guy who devoted his life to taking huge risks in order to teach us more about the animal kingdom and paid the price, yet the "Jackass" guys still live.

Cobden

Practically Family
A real shame; one of the few TV presenters whose enthusiasm was infectious. The only consolation is that he died with his boots on, so to speak

Hondo

One Too Many
I agree with you all, I'm real sorry just opened the paper and saw this :(
but he knew of the dangers involved in his line of work, anything could happen, but a stingray? And that prank with his own child? But again he said the child was never in any danger, very strange if you ask me.
Still I admired him, great sense of humor (See that ESPN commercial?) really sad cause we won’t see him again, where ever he is, we’ll miss you dude R.I.P.:(

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I send my condolences to his family as well. Though I didn't watch the show much, I knew who he was. I am sure wherever he is, he knows what an effect he has brought to viewers and most of all to his family.

book_lover

Familiar Face
It's such a sad story, I liked him so so much. RIP Steve, and all my best to your family, bet their hearts are broken right now.

Twitch

My wife and I enjoyed his show when it was on the Saturday morning kiddie time. He had a way of not talking down to the target audience of kids yet was articulate enough for adults to hold interest. You were 'gorgeous' Steve!:(

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Steve was indeed a rare man. His enthusiasm for teaching us about animals - including some that people usually shy away from - was amazing. My condolences and prayers go out to his family.

The one consolation that should help relieve some sadness is that he went out doing what he loved - as somebody said, he truly died with his boots on.

Farewell, and Godspeed, Mr. Irwin.

221b

Familiar Face
He will be missed. I wish I had his passion. He loved what he did. I have little kids of my own, I feel bad for them. Out of all things, a stingray, very weird. He was definetly one in a million. I loved watching his show, seemedlike a great guy.

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
He was such an amazing gent & I always felt as if he had a
wonderful boyish excitement in everything he did. He was like
a child that was allowed to do the things he love to do most.
Not to mention that with his personal style of doing what he does
on the tele, he really highlighted the much needed awareness of
attempting to coexist with those animals that we may fear the most.
With common sense & knowledge it can be done. The animal kingdom
has lost their greatest ally. However, I know that a lot little Irwins
will be following in his footsteps in the years to come. He was indeed an
inspiration. My heart goes out to his family & friends. I can't imagine
how deafening the silence is when you lose someone who was as lively as he.

I did read an article in the Austrailian news about how this has
effected the children in his home country, as well as elsewhere.
The article had me in tears. Here is the article if you are interested in
reading it

http://tinyurl.com/qnkuo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch