1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Rainbow Country 30’s single rider or 40’s car coat

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Boom82, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Boom82

Boom82 New in Town

Hey everyone, I’m new here and really enjoy this forum! I’ve learned a lot about leather jackets but I do have a question.

I’m looking for my first leather jacket and I really like the Rainbow Country 30’s single rider that I found on Mushmans. I contacted them and said they would make me one in my size but the seal color that I wanted in no longer in stock for new orders. They only have a russet color which is fine by me but it’s a mismatched smooth and rough leather. I really don’t know how I feel about it.

What do you guys think?

upload_2019-2-8_21-33-52.jpeg

It’s either this or I’m thinking the 40’s car coat in the seal color that I like also.

upload_2019-2-8_21-34-12.jpeg

Choices choices!!

Attached Files:

jeo and dudewuttheheck like this.
  2. Boom82

Boom82 New in Town

Don’t know how to delete all those thumbnails

jeo likes this.
  3. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Earlier today, I saw Jeo's RC Single Rider in seal brown -- stellar jacket!

jeo likes this.
  4. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

I much prefer the look of the 30s Single Rider but don’t think I’d be happy paying that sort of money for mismatched panels like that plus I’d go for the seal over russet as well. Can they give you an ETA on when they will get more leather in?

Sometimes it’s better delaying gratification to get what you really wanted.

jeo, Colin G, Boom82 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Boom82

Boom82 New in Town

We’ve been emailing back and forth since I posted and everything is worked out. That russet one was a jacket that someone requested like that. They’re going to make mine like the ones they usually make.

Really excited now and it should be here in 2-3 months!

jeo, steve u, dannyk and 4 others like this.
  6. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

Thats great news!

Please post some pics when it arrives

Boom82 likes this.
  7. sweetfights

sweetfights One Too Many

Agreed. Wait till exactly what you want is available. I myself would not be happy with mismatched leather panels and would wait until the color you prefer is available. The single rider would be more versatile in my opinion.

Boom82 likes this.
  8. Boom82

Boom82 New in Town

Either color I would like but I definitely don’t want that mismatched look. Kinda funky looking. Mushmans was very accommodating to what I wanted though and I’m definitely excited for my jacket! I’ll definitely post pics when it arrives.

jeo, ProteinNerd and sweetfights like this.
  9. Boom82

Boom82 New in Town

Can you point me to that jacket? Definitely want to see how it looks

jeo likes this.
  10. Colin G

Colin G A-List Customer

I have been lusting after this rainbow Country jacket lately. Posted a few posts above also so a 40's car coat?

95-1.jpg

11. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck One Too Many

Both are nice, but as @Superfluous said, @jeo 's single rider was really amazing in person and would have my vote.

jeo likes this.
  12. Robbie79

Robbie79 One of the Regulars

Who is Jeo? I can't find anything under Jeo Single Rider Jacket. I think the thread starter asked this question already. Thanks!

jeo likes this.
  13. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

jeo likes this.
  14. jeo

jeo One of the Regulars

Here are a few crappy cell phone pics of my jacket. I’ve yet to take pictures with a nice camera and do a full review. This jacket definitely deserves it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some detail shots/closeups.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of course the obligatory fit pic.

[​IMG]

I’m sure every batch is slightly different, but mine is the seal brown and it’s very dark. Darker than what’s shown on the Mushman website, which is where I ordered mine from. Color looks way better in person. Hide is amazing. Smell is intoxicating. Japanese sizing can be tough, but if the cut works for you then you won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Colin G

Colin G A-List Customer

I have been checking out some Japanese jacket dimensions and they all seem odd. Wide chest but narrow shoulders.

40" chest but a 16.5" shoulder on some I looked at from various makers. I am a 39" chest with an 18" shoulder width.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    jeo likes this.
  16. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Man that is one seriously kick ass jacket...I just love those thick ass cuffs man. Like gladiator gauntlets!
    [​IMG]

Harris HTM, Lebowski and jeo like this.
  17. Robbie79

My Rainbow Country dark seal looks a bit more broken in but it is one of my favorite jackets and the horsehide used is amazing (rather thick, beautiful grain).

Attached Files:

Northern Monkey, Boom82, jeo and 4 others like this.
  18. Colin G

Colin G A-List Customer

I can't stop looking at the car coat. I even dreamt about it last night.

I think I have problems.

jeo, wild_balls, Boom82 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Robbie79

Man, I have similar problems like you! Can't stop looking at new jackets and thinking/dreaming about it....I almost bought this RC car coat on Yahoo Auctions (used one) a couple of weeks ago...nice looking jacket and the Shinki is magnificent quality! Go for it ;-)

jeo likes this.
  20. Colin G

Colin G A-List Customer

I want one.
    It is the only jacket I am really thinking about acquiring in the near future. I figured none for 2019 but this one is creeping in there. Maybe in the fall.

I just can't figure out the Japanese sizing though. Shoulder vs chest always seems off.