Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rainbow Country A-2 Dubow 27798

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This just arrived today. The jacket is heavy and quite stiff. The Horsehide feels thicker and heavier than Real McCoy, the Few, Eastman, Aero and BK. IMO, leather weight and thickness is comparable to Lost Worlds' A-2. I guess the weight and thickness is do with the fact that FQHH (it says on a label sewn inside the pocket) is used in stead of normal HH. Colour is a bit dull (their russet might be shinier).
WP_000933.jpg WP_000941.jpg WP_000934.jpg WP_000935.jpg WP_000936.jpg WP_000938.jpg WP_000939.jpg

Last edited:

Brettafett

One Too Many
Looks nice. I do like the colour, not too 'bold'... Fit looks good. I guess you're going to have to wear the heck out of it to break it in. Good luck.

thor

One Too Many
Nice looking jacket; checked on-line and list price is $1741. Hope that jacket is all that you want it to be. Good luck with the break-in (that's half the fun!).

Blackadder

nice looking is the jacket new
Yes, it is new.

Nice looking jacket; checked on-line and list price is $1741. Hope that jacket is all that you want it to be. Good luck with the break-in (that's half the fun!).
I got it off Yahoo auction Japan for around USD1200 incl all bidding and shipping fees. It is not the colour I wanted most (the one I like the most is the Rainbow Country Roughwear with sort of a maroon seal brown) but I figure the price is quite reasonable compared to say Eastman with the current rate of exchange. I bought a russet the Few A-2 a couple of months ago at around the same price. Now all I need is a Goodwear probably the Acme 18775.
I'm guessing that leather is vegetable-tanned - isn't that supposed to be stiffer than chrome-tanned?
I think it is veg-tanned but I find it no stiffer than say my Lost World A-2 which is chrome-tanned if I am not mistaken. So is my Bill Kelso house A-2 which is definitely chrome tanned. On the other hand my the Few A-2 which I think is veg-tanned is rather soft.

thor

One Too Many
They do make LW in "Long" sizes Fanch (I have one of their A-2 jackets in 46 L). Worth the extra cost to get that perfect fit.

Blackadder

This is how a size 34 LW looks on me. I don't know if this is one of their long version or not. It was one of the size 34 sale jacket. Sold it to a friend who also owns a black LW size 38 A-2. He said it fits almost the same as his 38.[huh]

Here is how the LW compares to my size 34 Aero in length and width.

Last edited:

Blackadder

BA I like the first jacket pretty well but that last one is murderous! That's one nice lookin' jacket!

Worf
Thanks Worf. The Ryder is used and again from Yahoo Auction Japan. I got lots of compliment from my friends on the fit too. The leather however is not as supple and thick as an Aero half belt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points