Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rainbow Country Single Rider

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Time travelling back to 2005, one year after Rainbow Country brand started in 2004. Old label. No chain hanging loop. The two Grizzly models (shawl collar and dress collar) hasn't been in the line up for a while. I'd hope they bring back the H.L.B. Corp B-3 model at some point in the future.
IMG_4479.JPG

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

The horsehide was the fast fading kind. But the previous owner(s) maintained it well and had put a nice clear coat on it to stop the fading. Some of these jackets came with NOS Crown zips with the chevron teeth which was a nice touch. The fur is so dense and thick, like new after almost 20 years. The pattern has hidden action pleats in the back, very nice touch, slim fitting but good range of motion, like the Johnson. Both are gems.

IMG_5500.JPG
IMG_5527.JPG
IMG_5540.JPG
IMG_5548.JPG

Jischwar

One of the Regulars
Time travelling back to 2005, one year after Rainbow Country brand started in 2004. Old label. No chain hanging loop. The two Grizzly models (shawl collar and dress collar) hasn't been in the line up for a while. I'd hope they bring back the H.L.B. Corp B-3 model at some point in the future.
View attachment 605779
View attachment 605780
View attachment 605790

The horsehide was the fast fading kind. But the previous owner(s) maintained it well and had put a nice clear coat on it to stop the fading. Some of these jackets came with NOS Crown zips with the chevron teeth which was a nice touch. The fur is so dense and thick, like new after almost 20 years. The pattern has hidden action pleats in the back, very nice touch, slim fitting but good range of motion, like the Johnson. Both are gems.

View attachment 605794 View attachment 605795 View attachment 605796 View attachment 605797
Removeable belt?

cbez

One Too Many
View attachment 605779
View attachment 605780
View attachment 605790

View attachment 605794 View attachment 605795 View attachment 605796 View attachment 605797
nice. ive always been tempted by their grizzlies but i dont think id be able to wear one in socal.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
When I was in Japan, I had the opportunity to try all the Rainbow Country jackets (or most) that I have spent many hours looking at and researching online. Unfortunately, I don't think the fit is for me, I like very tapered waist, so I think that preference automatically cut out most of their jackets.

The closest one for my preference was the Speedster cafe racer jacket but I still think the fit was just merely "good" so I didn't get that one.

I was surprised I was able to find stock to try on though, the models I tried were at Americaya General Garden 610, I tried the

Highwayman - fantastic collar shape, fit was still slightly loose in the waist for my liking even at a size 38,

Ponyboy - honestly, this was the one I was the most excited about but the fit was too straight in the body for me,

Speedster - close to fitting, I think I was in between a 38 and 40, with the sleeve on a 38 being shorter than I'd like

According to the staff there, the Speedster was the most tapered and slimmest fitting model so maybe their cuts just aren't for me? The staff at the store recommended me Aero and Vanson, the C2 fits me well, although I'd prefer a vintage one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points