Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RARE 1950s RICH-SHER cross-zip, FQHH, size 40/42

Gamma68

One Too Many
Vintage 1950s Rich-Sher Perfecto-style jacket

Here is a rarely-seen cross-zip jacket from the Rich-Sher brand. @tmitchell59 and others have noted that Rich Sher jackets were known for using the highest-quality FQHH for their era. This jacket is no exception. And because the zips are mostly hidden, this jacket is wearable in a variety of settings without the "in your face" large silver zips used in other contemporary brands like Schott. It's an investment piece that you can still wear comfortably.

The leather is thick and in excellent, supple condition with no flaking or cracking. It shows nice graining throughout. I conditioned the leather myself with Pecards and it maintains a deep black color and a nice horsehide scent.

All-original Talon main and sleeve zippers. All zippers work smoothly. The upper chest pocket has no pull, and apparently never had one as there is no hole punched through the glide to accommodate a pull. Consider this an original workshop oversight.

The interior quilted lining is in good shape with minor wear consistent with age and use. The back of the collar is lined in wool. There is some wear and tear on the sleeve lining and at the inner cuffs. All pockets are intact, with one small hole at the right handwarmer pocket. All snaps function properly. Original belt buckle is shiny and untarnished.

The jacket has no size tag. I typically wear a size 40. This jacket fits me nicely with a little room to spare. Could possibly fit a size 42 well. Please see measurements:

Shoulders: 18”
Chest: 22.5”
Sleeve: 25.5” (measured along the curve)
Length from bottom of collar: 23.25”

Asking $425 for this rare, collectible beauty. Price includes CONUS shipping.

IMG_4617.jpg
IMG_4618.jpg
IMG_4609.jpg
IMG_4616.jpg
IMG_4603.jpg
IMG_4619.jpg
IMG_4604.jpg
IMG_4607.jpg

Last edited:

dannyk

One Too Many
Withdrawn from the classified listings. At this time, just can't part with it.
It was too big for me so I wasn't a "threat" to steal it away from you haha; but I totally get withdrawing it. Its such a beautiful jacket, a stunning example of its era.

Gamma68

One Too Many
This jacket is back up for sale. Same details and price as above.

The FQHH on this is to die for. But the jacket has always been a little large on me and it deserves a new home with a caring owner who will wear it with pride.

No size tag but I'd say it fits like a 42. I typically wear a 40.

Please check the measurements listed above.

Someone really should buy this stellar vintage piece. At least to help me with my neurosis. I just managed to talk myself out of talking myself into the jacket fitting me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ