Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RARE Deerskin Leather Jacket

GregB

New in Town
Dear Folks!

First of all I'd like to thank you people for both this great website as well as this unique place of wisdom.
I spent and will continue to spend a lot of time on this pages! Thanks & Cheers.

My first post directly goes into the classified section as I have a marvelous and rare piece of garment which does not fit me well but maybe it will someone else spot on.

So, here it is:

Deerskin Jacket

A friend of mine gave me this marvelous jacket with the bit of information that it is an antique chimney sweep's jacket.
Furthermore that the jacket had already been cleaned and is not smelling of soot or smoke.
Unfortunately no exact informations and details about maker, origin and owner exist.
The age of this jacket is unknown as well.
As part of my research I visited Mr. Profous in Vienna, Austria (leather tailor expert for traditional handmade craftsmanship , e.g. crafting deerskin pants for the Spanish Riding School in Vienna).
After examining the jacket he gave me the following details:
This jacket is handcrafted using unsplit and fish-oil tanned deerskin leather.
One special detail of this jacket is that the back panel is made of a whole and uncut piece in using the neck and back leather of a deer.
Mr. Profous pointed out that it is an old jacket (maybe 100 years old but no guarantee on that) but definitely an unique and rare piece.
The only similar model I know of is part of the collection of the chimney sweep museum in Vienna.

Sizing - Please check the last two item photos for exact measurements.

Condition
In respect of age and intended purpose this jacket is in exceptional condition.
Due to the fact that the leather used came from a deer living in the wild it shows natural "imperfections" as well.
All this nicks and dents, dots , scars , scuffs, etc. give this jacket a distinct character and appeal.
The deerskin leather is a bit stiff but will regain its suppleness with regular wear.
The jacket shows little holes and small areas of loose stitching and abrasion. See photos.

Price , Payment and Shipping
650,- Euro in total for the jacket including shipping EU-wide.

In case of shipping outside of the EU please drop me a line for further information.

Paypal prefered using "Send Money to Family and Friends" to avoid any fees.

On a final note I'd like to mention that offers are very welcome and I'm looking forward to give this marvelous jacket into well caring and good hands.

If you need anything else please don't hesitate and drop me a line.

Cheers,
Greg

leder01.jpg
leder02.jpg
leder03.jpg
leder04.jpg
leder06.jpg
leder07.jpg
leder08.jpg
leder09.jpg
leder10.jpg
leder11.jpg