Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rare Hat: The "Stuart" Sold/gone//

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
The hat is now gone.

My wife has had another lucky find. This is a hat in decent shape except for the liner that is dirty and fell off and the lack of a sweat band. It is a "the Stuart" Never heard of them. Any info guys?
It has the size tag and it says 71/4 it might be a tad too big for me. I might sell it after making it look better
A couple of pics. Tomorrow, more.

DSC04022.jpg

DSC04020.jpg

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
It looks like "The Stuart" is the hat style, and "Moe Penn" is the men's shop that probably had them made by a hat company for the store to sell as an exclusive line. They probably didn't make the hat themselves. This was pretty common practice.

I have a hat very similar with a fake wind cord also, with the button being sewn onto the ribbon and all. It's also a men's store brand but I'll have to go find it.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
The hat though in not terrible shape needs work. If somebody in NYC wants it PM me. You can come to my place in manhattan and pick it up. I'd like to trade it for something else but I guess no one will give me anything for a hat in this condition. So free it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats