Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reattaching wood fruit crate labels

3fingers

One Too Many
We have 2 or 3 wood fruit crates from the 40's that have original paper labels. These were in the house when we bought it. The former owner lived here for nearly 60 years. The labels are generally in good condition, since they were in the basement standing on end with the labels up, but the adhesive that held the labels on is giving up. Does anyone have a suggestion on a safe adhesive to put on these? I don't really want to just "try something" since if I ruin one by having the glue bleed through, I don't get another chance at it. I've found a few sites that sell these, but they seem to be for framing or putting in books, not for putting them to their original use. Thanks for your help.

3fingers

One Too Many
Thank you Lizzie. I was thinking either of that or possibly rubber cement, but I needed confirmation before I jumped in. The labels are complete, but delicate and brittle. I'll pick up a bottle and give it a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points