Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Pick up Aero Cordovan MC Jacket

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Well I've drop some pounds from a Total Knee Replacement and it demands more weight loss so I got rid of 2 jackets that were now too large and did this fun replacement. Aero Motorcycle Jacket in Cordovan with dark brass and snaps. Got it off the bay with a claim the Zip was going bad but it was made this year so I took a chance the zip was ok. Just standard Aero cantakerous zips and it seems I am correct. I used a little parafin and got it working ok and as usual the base needs to be slid into the very bottom which is always an issue with those tiny little zips; whatever I'll probably wear it open most of the time anyway.
IMG_2458.JPG
IMG_2460.JPG

IMG_2462.JPG
IMG_2465.JPG

Last edited:

Arnold

One of the Regulars
Thanks for posting this - I like this color much better than the browns used in most non-black leather jackets, and if I ever order something new from Aero, this hide will be a likely choice.

I recently had a chance to try on a newly made Aero and the zippers were fine.

The brass colored button on the coin pocket is an odd choice given the rest of the hardware, but even more oddly, the combo actually looks good.

Congrats on your purchase! Enjoy.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I think Aero zips are just something one has to get used to working with. They are smaller in size (probably a 6) and can be frustrating on some of their designs but in the end no big deal. I agree cordovan is an excellent choice for this style. It gives it more of a "bootlegger" look to me and with the darker brass that only added to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner