Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rechargeable, Emergency Light Bulbs

LostInTyme

A-List Customer
Rechargeable light bulbs? Really, these things work. Vija bought some awhile ago, and we had our first opportunity to use them during our recent 24 hour power outage. She bought a box of them off QVC, in various sizes and wattages. All you have to do is have them in a lamp before the power outage and they will be charged when the power goes out. Then just turn on the lamp and you will have a lighted room even though you have no electrical supply.

Ours remained lighted for about seven hours with a very bright light. Most advertised today come with their own socket, so you can hang them anywhere, or use them as a flashlight, or use them in one of your existing lamps or ceiling fans.

They're not cheap, costing about $25 to $30 for four. And, from what I read, they are expected to deliver 3 - 5 hours of light when charged.

They work well, and help keep everyone from stumbling around the house when the power is out. Of course, Amazon has lots to choose from.

E8DB0653-90ED-478C-A9F7-2E5BEFEF615F.jpeg

I trust they are LEDs, then?

I may well get some. Yeah, they ain’t cheap, but if they last as long as the LEDs I’ve already bought, it’s easy to justify the expenditure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana