Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommended blogs & resources to learn about leather jackets

livioli

Familiar Face
I have jacket in two sizes, not three like this guy. I need to get a third size to get into that legendary club. haha.

Next RC delivery is coming up, they can have small delays like a month or so. Spring seems like a busy time for deliveries for all the pre-orders. Can't wait to see your jacket. Ponyboy is really nice.
Out of curiosity, how is the construction quality of your Ponyboy? Did you notice any bad stitching etc.?

Also, do you know what thread material they use for the stitching? I hope it's not full poly.

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Out of curiosity, how is the construction quality of your Ponyboy? Did you notice any bad stitching etc.?

Also, do you know what thread material they use for the stitching? I hope it's not full poly.
RC construction and finishing is top notch. And I think most makers use poly cotton. I'll take another closer look but I cant find melted thread ends on my RC jacket, they hide it well.

livioli

Familiar Face
RC construction and finishing is top notch. And I think most makers use poly cotton. I'll take another closer look but I cant find melted thread ends on my RC jacket, they hide it well.
Ah fair enough.

I've heard that, over time, the poly thread starts sawing away the leather around it. But I'd probably be long dead when that happens ha.

I also fear poly because it's hard if not impossible to repair.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner