Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots Pecos Muleskinner Rough-out 8188 12E

an3ony

New in Town
hey, these are a kinda catch and release for me; I picked them up from eBay thinking that the stains were just that, but they're actually burns or something... I can't tell to be honest. The left boot wears fine, just a cosmetic thing but the right boot, which took most of the stain/burn thing, something happened to the toe-box. its incredibly stiff and seems to have come apart. I paid $90 if anybody would like to pick them up for $90 plus the ride, let me know. Size 12E, style 8188

Attachments

• IMG_5198.JPG
    IMG_5198.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_5200.JPG
    IMG_5200.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_5199.JPG
    IMG_5199.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_5201.JPG
    IMG_5201.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_5202.JPG
    IMG_5202.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_5203.JPG
    IMG_5203.JPG
    367.8 KB · Views: 204

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
If you like these boots, you might look up Red Wings directly in Minnesota and show them the photos. Perhaps they could rebuild them for you? Or else "return" them via ebay as they were "not as described." Stains are one thing, burns/melted roughout leather is quite another. I would take it up with ebay asap...

an3ony

New in Town
If you like these boots, you might look up Red Wings directly in Minnesota and show them the photos. Perhaps they could rebuild them for you? Or else "return" them via ebay as they were "not as described." Stains are one thing, burns/melted roughout leather is quite another. I would take it up with ebay asap...
hey, thanks for the head's up, I did contact the seller, we sussed out a deal based on the damage (as they're so near new). I took it to my local cobbler and although he could repair the toe box, I just don't love the style enough to justify splashing out any more money. SO, maybe somebody here wants to take that journey!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points