Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reds did not wear hats

Torpedo

One Too Many
This is what an enterprising hatter in Madrid, Spain, used as an slogan in the post-civil war years...

LosRojosNo.jpg

Apparently he thought it would be a good idea for prompting people into buying hats, lest them be suspected of sympathies with the losing leftist Republican side.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rick; this pins are a great souvenir :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thank you, my friend. They are not yet all mine. But will be. Those guys were a precursor to our "Greatest Generation" & my heroes,
forwhomthebelltolls.jpg

and besides in For Whom the Bell Tolls Gary Cooper has a great proto- "Indiana Jones" thing goin' & Bergman... what can I say? She simply never looked lovelier. And that is sayin' something!, IMHO!.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab

Thank you, my friend. They are not yet all mine. But will be. Those guys were a precursor to our "Greatest Generation" & my heroes,
forwhomthebelltolls.jpg

and besides in For Whom the Bell Tolls Gary Cooper has a great proto- "Indiana Jones" thing goin' & Bergman... what can I say? She simply never looked lovelier. And that is sayin' something!, IMHO!.

Mabe it should be that Indy had a great Gary Cooper "For Whom the Bell Tolls" thing going :)

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
So what are the members of the Lincoln Brigade Volunteers wearing? The Beret! It was the ubiquitous hat of the Revolution :)

Hahaha, yes but which revolution? Just as ubiquitous as the black (Basque style) beret was for the republicans, so was the is for the nationalist. The Carlist Requetés (royalist/fundamentalist-Catholic militias) wore, ironically enough, red berets. Later the Blue shirts of the Flange (fascists) was combined with the red beret to make up the uniform of Franco's post-civil war political party!

requetes2nk9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21