Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Regarding High Waisted Drop loop trousers.

aVenir Fashions

New in Town
Just a general question for you. I've acquired a pair of trousers(40's I believe ~from reading those great threads about Hollywood/High-waisted pants), that has a number stamped(in red) on the underside of one of the back pockets. Is there a date to this number? or just a tailor/sewer number? Do any of your pairs have these numbers?

35656263_o.jpg

Also, is there a particular name for the button on the inside fly. "Stop gapping" feature? :)

35656268_o.jpg

frontmanvintage

New in Town
True Hollywood pants

I don't think there's any significance to the numbers. I've seen them in lots of vintage suits.

And, just to clear things up: True Hollywood pants have a seamless waistband, not a sewn on one, with narrow dropped belt loops. The ones you are showing are just dropped loop pants.

aVenir Fashions

New in Town
Thx.

frontmanvintage said:
And, just to clear things up: True Hollywood pants have a seamless waistband, not a sewn on one, with narrow dropped belt loops. The ones you are showing are just dropped loop pants.

Yes, I know, I mentioned the 'Hollywood Pants' as to the threads I was reading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko