Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

regarding the Argyle new owners

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Just got this from Maxwell
Greetings,

As you may have heard, the Argyle hotel has been sold. The new owner
takes
over on March 1st. The hotel will close in April for a complete
interior
remodel and is scheduled to reopen some time in May or June. I have not
confirmed my Monday evenings with the new owners, but hopefully they
will
want to continue and the remodeled restaurant and club will offer the
proper
environment for a vintage nightclub.

What this all means is that after almost two years of swell
entertainment,
Maxwell's at the Argyle will have seven more evenings before it goes
away
forever in its current form! If you have not attended in a while, this
may
well be your last chance...

http://www.maxwelldemille.com/argyle/index.asp

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Well, I have yet to visit this fine establishment, however I have seen many photos and read many good stories about it. I just hope the new owners keep it very art deco and keep the place swingin'. It would be a total shame to loose such a great place by some new owners turn it into the ordinary.:cool2:

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
:eek:

Something must be done! you need to go show them pictures of that place! Show them how popular the Argyle is here. This is just plain wrong. If there is any gold in their hearts, then there plans are no more than to remodel it in a different art deco style. Like just a different look, but the same style. I hope there is gold in their hearts.....

Chamorro

A-List Customer
It should be named an historic place. When Raymond Chandler mentions the "Sunset Tower," he means this building. "Argyle" is just the latest of a short list of names it has had since it was built at the height of the Art Deco movement. This joint IS old Hollywood. Anybody who was anybody stayed there. I'd rather have it suffer the fate of the Ambassador Hotel than have it corrupted (more than it already is) with modern, so-called style.

To me, this place will always be the Sunset Tower. Once Marlowe gets wind of this, there's gonna be a fracas ...

Wild Root

Gone Home
Hey there boys! Yes, I have heard all about the plans of the ?¢‚Ǩ?ìSunset Tower?¢‚Ǩ?. It scares me too! But, I have heard that the hotel it self is protected and the restaurant isn?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t. The restaurant was built in the 1980?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s when the Tower was restored. It does have a good look to it, but I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m sure that the only thing that will change is the restaurant. That building is watched by the LA Art Deco Society and I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m sure that if there were a true threat to the hotel, there would be a good deal of fighting going on. I hope the ?¢‚Ǩ?ìRemodeling?¢‚Ǩ? is just a change to an Art Deco that matches the Hotel better and not one of those bad trendy styles that is consuming the Hollywood and LA areas. So, I will be watching that place like a hawk and will give more info as I get it. I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m a friend of Maxwell?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s and I get his e-mails.

So, till next time,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk