Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remembering Grace - Life Magazine Special

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I wasn't sure where to put this--Books? The Powder Room? I finally settled on The Moving Picture.

There's a new magazine put out by Life about Grace Kelly called Remembering Grace 25 Years Later. It's part of their Great Photographers series and all the photos are by Howell Conant. He published a book of his photographs of Kelly, which is one of my favorites, in 1992. If you own that book this new magazine has only about 40% overlap in the photography and there's a lot of new material I've never seen before. I thought the magazine was well worth the $11.00 price. The pictures remind one just how amazingly beautiful Kelly was and Conant was a gifted photographer.

Also, there's going to be a free exhibit, Grace, Princess of Monaco: A Tribute to the Life and Legacy of Grace Kelly at Sotheby's in New York Oct. 15- 26. According to the press release "items will include dresses, jewelry, letters and photos". I'll be in NYC 10/23, so if they allow photography I'll take some snaps to share with the group. Two of her dresses from her film years are also going to be auctioned at a separate event, details and pictures here: http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2007-09-10-grace-kelly_N.htm?csp=34

Finally, how did 25 years pass so quickly? I was leaving a showing of North by Northwest when I heard Princess Grace had died and it seems like yesterday. The first time I ever heard Barber's Adagio for Strings was watching her funeral (one of the saddest I've ever seen) and now I always think of her whenever I hear it.

large_grace.jpg

grace2.jpg

grace1.jpg

Flitcraft

One Too Many
WOW!....

Hadn't seen that! Thanks for the post- I'll have to look for that.
Is this part of a series????

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Flitcraft said:

It says it's part of the "Life Great Photographer Series" but I've not been able to find information on any other magazines in the series. With their photography archive they've certainly got fodder for it though.

Story

I'll Lock Up
Tales of love letters and scrapple: New exhibit to remember Grace Kelly as a hometown girl who never forgot her Philadelphia roots

The exhibit will make its only U.S. stop at the Michener Art Museum in suburban Doylestown, not far from where Kelly made her professional stage debut at the Bucks County Playhouse in 1949
The items on display will detail the late star's upbringing, Hollywood career and storybook ascent to royalty

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-forgot-Philadelphia-roots.html#ixzz2cSGhFq7v

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab

Yes, it is a series - I have the Remembering Audrey, Remembering Marilyn, Remembering Liz and Remembering Jackie books - they're nice collectors items - for serious fans a lot of the photos would have be well known but they're still good books nonetheless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21