Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Repro.) Men's Vintage Collegiate Fashion/Benjamin Bixby Menswear

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, the Ivy League or Preppy look is one I generally try to avoid, for the reasons stated above. In my circles, collegiate takes on a different set of connotations, basically those associated with the snot-nosed punk attitude of collegiate shag. I'm sure a bit of upper and middle class whiteness is inferred, but I try and to put my own multiracial LA spin on it.

My style influences? For one, the Venice Beach clip. Joe from New York hit the nail on the head in describing why this look is appealing to him (I can't find that thread for some reason). I love it for the same reasons. Like I told FFF, I would kill for that beltedback sport shirt Hal Takier (far left) is wearing.
beach-clip-group.jpg

Here's another late '30s pic of members of USC's Mexican American Movement - one of the first Mexican-American student organizations in the US. check out that four pocket casual jacket!
62648_10201064132992510_506485441_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112