(Repro.) Men's Vintage Collegiate Fashion/Benjamin Bixby Menswear

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by VintageBaroness, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Metatron

Metatron One Too Many

2. resortes805

resortes805 Call Me a Cab

Yeah, the Ivy League or Preppy look is one I generally try to avoid, for the reasons stated above. In my circles, collegiate takes on a different set of connotations, basically those associated with the snot-nosed punk attitude of collegiate shag. I'm sure a bit of upper and middle class whiteness is inferred, but I try and to put my own multiracial LA spin on it.

My style influences? For one, the Venice Beach clip. Joe from New York hit the nail on the head in describing why this look is appealing to him (I can't find that thread for some reason). I love it for the same reasons. Like I told FFF, I would kill for that beltedback sport shirt Hal Takier (far left) is wearing.
    [​IMG]

Here's another late '30s pic of members of USC's Mexican American Movement - one of the first Mexican-American student organizations in the US. check out that four pocket casual jacket!
    [​IMG]