Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

REPRODUCTION 1950s Cone Milled Denim Workshirt from Palmer Trading Co. x Dickies! c. Large.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
REPRODUCTION 1950s Cone Milled Denim Workshirt from Palmer Trading Co. x Dickies!

The last time I had some of these shirts available they all sold out by PM before I could go further than mention that I had some in stock, so move quickly if you'd like this!
1f642.png
:)

Palmer Trading Co.--also known as Palmer Archival Clothing, and devoted to making true artisan workwear in the United States--has teamed up with Dickie's to reproduce some of Dickie's classic American clothing, using precisely the same techniques and materials as Dickies used from the 1920s to the 1950s.

This shirt is one of the most impressive products to come from that collaboration. Cut from classic cone-milled denim twill that was made on original 1930s American looms, this shirt is genuinely intended to last a lifetime--just as it states on the label. Fully cut as a classic American workshirt, this features two front chest pockets, both of which are box-pleated so they can hold as much as you need them to during your workday. The buttons are precisely the same as those used on workshirts in the 1950s, and are very, very tightly sewn onto the placket. The placket itself features an interior reinforcing strip of American cotton, designed to protect against wear to the buttonholes as well as give the front of the shirt more stability. The seams are all double stitched for strength.

The tail of the shirt is long-cut to stay tucked in; it is also slightly scalloped, and features deep gussets on each side. The sleeves are barrel sleeves, with reinforced stitching at stress points and a single-button cuff..... No unnecessary buttons to snag on things in the field or the mill. The shoulder features a shallow yoke for strength.

The collar is a perfect reproduction of a 1950s workshirt collar.

In addition to the Palmer Trading label this features a reproduction of a 1950s Dickies label in the collar.

This shirt is in absolutely excellent condition, having been worn almost never. It was Made in the USA--at Dickies' original Fort Worth plant!
1f642.png
:)

Asking just $45, or offer, boxed, shipped, and insured in the USA.

Measures approx. Large:

Chest: 22 1/2
Sleeve: 33
Length (back, from the bottom of the collar): 30

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner