Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction 'Tanker' jacket

H.Johnson

One Too Many
For sale - Reproduction WW2 Cold Weather Combat Jacket AKA Tanker.

More gleanings from the bottom of my closet. My age-related weight loss can be your value-related clothing gain...

I used to wear this for re-enacting before I lost weight and got so old I was kicked out of the re-enacting circle. Its a size 40 on the label, although it fits more like a 42" in the chest and will suit someone of around 6 feet tall with a 36" - 38" waist.

It was made by SM Wholesale (in Mexico, I believe) and isn't up to the level of accuracy of the latest versions by ATF and WPG. SMW stuff used to be a staple of re-enactors in the US before the above companies 'ratcheted up' the level of detail. It is a little too green (although I have seen originals like this in WW2 colour photos) and the pockets are a bit too low. Otherwise it's a fair reproduction.

It has relatively little wear and is in generally good condition - just a little rubbing on the right sleeve along the seam. The knits are fine (although the waist has lost some of its elasticity) and the nickel repro Talon zip works well. It is somewhat crumpled due to being wet and there is a small area of fading on the front. In short, it looks like a WW2 jacket would.

I'm asking 20GBP plus shipping to a good home. PM me for measurements, details and photos etc. Paypal preferred outside UK.

Here are the measurements laid flat and some photos - sorry, I'm lousy with a digital camera but great with a Rolleiflex.
Armpit to armpit = 25"
Length (nape to hem) = 22"
Tailor's arm (nape to cuff) = 33"
Underarm = 19"
Waist = 22"

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Gilgamark

A-List Customer
H.Johnson said:
For sale - Reproduction WW2 Cold Weather Combat Jacket AKA Tanker.

More gleanings from the bottom of my closet. My age-related weight loss can be your value-related clothing gain...

I used to wear this for re-enacting before I lost weight and got so old I was kicked out of the re-enacting circle. Its a size 40 on the label, although it fits more like a 42" in the chest and will suit someone of around 6 feet tall with a 36" - 38" waist.

It was made by SM Wholesale (in Mexico, I believe) and isn't up to the level of accuracy of the latest versions by ATF and WPG. SMW stuff used to be a staple of re-enactors in the US before the above companies 'ratcheted up' the level of detail. It is a little too green (although I have seen originals like this in WW2 colour photos) and the pockets are a bit too low. Otherwise it's a fair reproduction.

It has relatively little wear and is in generally good condition - just a little rubbing on the right sleeve along the seam. The knits are fine (although the waist has lost some of its elasticity) and the nickel repro Talon zip works well. It is somewhat crumpled due to being wet and there is a small area of fading on the front. In short, it looks like a WW2 jacket would.

I'm asking 20GBP plus shipping to a good home. PM me for measurements, details and photos etc. Paypal preferred outside UK.

Interested. Will PM.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
Still available. Note the measurements - it would probably fit a 44 or even a 46 inch chest, although its labelled as a 40R!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran