Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction Vintage Underwear

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Hello ladies~

Do any of you happen to know where I can purchase reproduction vintage underwear, in particular tap pants? I love the look of them! The camisoles, teddys and tap pants were so classy. I know we speak of girdles and stockings, but I am looking for the more silky ones this time ;)

Thanks!

Vanessa

One Too Many
Hi there - I ran into Victoria's Secret the other day (free things coupon! woohoo!) and I noticed that they have some lovely cami & tap pants sets out now with these lovely little soft sweater shrugs.

colleency

One of the Regulars
I picked up some very nice tap pants at Victoria's secret a few years back. I normally don't think their quality is very good, but these have held up quite well.

Vanessa

One Too Many
I agree with you on their quality - you'd think, for the price of some of their things, that they'd be silk. But Vicki tends to be very fond of her polyestor.

decodoll

Practically Family
I've been looking for the same thing. They are really hard to find. I have one pair from Touchable, where I get my stockings, but they stopped making them and one from a few years back from Victoria's Secret. When I looked last, they didn't have any, but I'll have to look again. I was considering just making them.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I know what you mean. I have this pattern from folkwear that I was considering making. I don't know how period correct it is, but it is underwear after all.

I had no idea Victoria's Secret made them! I'll have to look into that, though polyester is my nemisis.

decodoll

Practically Family
That's the same pattern I was looking at the other day. The ones I got at Victoria's Secret are silk, but that was a few years ago. Do you happen to know how the sizing runs on Folkwear patterns?

birdiepie

New in Town
*This link was edited for content.* (Link removed because it showed too much skin. There are better examples that are not transparent.)

Felina also makes some lovely full tap panties (I have a couple pairs of amazing silk ones) that are pretty true to vintage varieties, that aren't terribly expensive.

If you have one of those ladies shops that carry closeout fashions, like Daffy's or Filenes Basement, they often have a nice selection of underwear and I see a lot of "retro" styled items there. I just bought an amazing pair of Chantelle tap panties, high waist, button closure and all, at Filenes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana