Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resistol Black Gold 40X 4 1/2 Brim Size 7 3/8 Absolutely As New RARE

Bowtie Birmington

Familiar Face
This is one ultra-rare bird! The Resistol Black Gold line of hats has been hugely successful for decades now, a worldwide and industry best seller. In fact, in 2008 "Dodge has partnered with cowboy hat maker Resistol to release the biggest and fanciest Ram ever offered -- the 2008 Resistol edition Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Mega Cab", each of which came with a Black Gold hat! Now, back to that "ultra rare bird" part. EVERY...save for a few apparently...Resistol Black Gold hat out there (and certainly the new ones that the company sells) are 20X. I started as a Western hat collector in 1995, and have personally only seen one other 40X Black Gold for sale, several years ago (used). THIS Resistol Black Gold is 40X, was purchased as-new and is still pristine, worn just once for Halloween last year as I sat on my porch handing out treats. Hat is a size 7 3/8 Long Oval with the larger 4 1/2" brim. I've had the good fortune of dealing with great Loungers as I've sold on this site despite the fact that my picture-posting leaves something to be desired. So...again...I will get help today or tomorrow posting photos to accompany the written hat description. The Resistol Black Gold 20X hat sells for $300, but retailers generally ask for more. I'm asking $350 and $25 shipping for my spotless 40X Black Gold. A "new friend" of mine told me that Western hats hit the auction block here now and then, so moving on from the Optimos and Art Fawcetts that I've sold in the past I hope this "special" Resistol resonates with the rest of the country as it does here in Phoenix! Working on those photos -----

Last edited:

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
This is one ultra-rare bird! The Resistol Black Gold line of hats has been hugely successful for decades now, a worldwide and industry best seller. In fact, in 2008 "Dodge has partnered with cowboy hat maker Resistol to release the biggest and fanciest Ram ever offered -- the 2008 Resistol edition Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Mega Cab", each of which came with a Black Gold hat! Now, back to that "ultra rare bird" part. EVERY...save for a few apparently...Resistol Black Gold hat out there (and certainly the new ones that the company sells) are 20X. I started as a Western hat collector in 1995, and have personally only seen one other 40X Black Gold for sale, several years ago (used). THIS Resistol Black Gold is 40X, was purchased as-new and is still pristine, worn just once for Halloween last year as I sat on my porch handing out treats. Hat is a size 7 3/8 Long Oval with the larger 4 1/2" brim. I've had the good fortune of dealing with great Loungers as I've sold on this site despite the fact that my picture-posting leaves something to be desired. So...again...I will get help today or tomorrow posting photos to accompany the written hat description. The Resistol Black Gold 20X hat sells for $300, but retailers generally ask for more. I'm asking $350 and $25 shipping for my spotless 40X Black Gold. A "new friend" of mine told me that Western hats hit the auction block here now and then, so moving on from the Optimos and Art Fawcetts that I've sold in the past I hope this "special" Resistol resonates with the rest of the country as it does here in Phoenix! Working on those photos -----
I can post two pics of the Black Gold Resistol that you emailed me.. Should I?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I would VERY MUCH appreciate it THANK YOU!
If I liked all-the-way Westerns, I would jump on it. Send more pics to my email, and I will post them for you.
057d284bb9a5413f570082ba93b633d3.jpg
82675dab289d6cc1d59e40927719d18d.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider