Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resistol "Ft Worth"

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I just received a Resistol "Ft Worth" fedora style hat I won on eBay.
It seems like a nice lid, 3X Beaver, unusual lining.
Does anyone know anything about this model fedora?
Approx. years it was produced?

hate to be this guy, but....

worthless.gif

HatCo maybe able to get something from that ticket number but it looks like somebody converted a western model to a fedora. I'd bet JtL's paycheck a "Ft Worth" model didn't look like that leaving the factory.

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
Hiya-

I just sold a Resistol 3x "Fort Worth" on Ebay. I just shipped it a few weeks ago.
What a coincidence!!!!!!!!

I sold the hat for my dad, who bought it on Ebay a few months back. Other than that I have no history on it. It appears to be a recent hat but a VERY nice hat.

ENJOY!!!!!

Pete

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
PistolPete-
I think I bought this hat from you... its a very nice hat. Thanks.
Thanks for everyones compliments and comments.
I think now it may have been a western hat conversion except the crown is awful low for a cowboy hat. Anyway- I like it and it seems to be unique!

Kicking up this old thread with my Resistol Ft. Worth, Byer-Rolnick BR Beaver "30", in Palomino. 3" raw edge brim, 2-cord ribbon, 4" at crease with mule kicks. The color Palomino takes on a sage green-like tone in natural light.

Reminds me so much of this one. though the brim is somewhat dimensional on this one at F 2 7/8 x S 3. Crown height is same and the color looks similar to me.
CIMG6652.JPG
CIMG6653.JPG
CIMG6654.JPG
CIMG6655.JPG

Now check out the similarity to this Resistol San Antonio 3X. Tag says Silverbelly but it has the tint of the Palomino color.

And all of this got me to thinking about my old Resistol Beaver 25 in a similar color. The label shows no color but it's bound to be silverbelly. Posted a couple side by sides with the Churchill 50.
CIMG6656.JPG
CIMG6657.JPG
CIMG6658.JPG
CIMG6659.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points