Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Returned jacket held in customs at Italy

Hh121

Banned
My returned Lost Worlds A2 has stucked in customs at Italy for more than one week, previous status said missing invoice. Seller sent email to them with invoice and no response yet.

What can I do besides waiting? Anybody has experience?

Thanks!!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Good luck, I've had jackets help up for 2-3 weeks sometimes, very hard to ever find out much until it just -- appears. Tracking may help, contacting the customs deparment in Italy may help, look up thier website. Good luck to you on it.

My last purchase came from Sweden spent 2 weeks in customs (it appears to be on the way to me now). There is nothing you can do but wait. You can ask USPS to investigate (international postal inquiry). It's insanely frustrating, especially in this day and age. Should not be that difficult.

Mich486

One Too Many
International shipping is a pain in the butt especially when customs are involved.

In my experience, if possible it is better to choose a service like DHL rather than relying on the national postal services as DHL and the likes manage the delivery from end to end. Especially for pricey items like a leather jacket I think it’s worth dropping the extra cash.

How come you are returning a LW to Italy? Is there a stockist there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hh121

Banned
International shipping is a pain in the butt especially when customs are involved.

In my experience, if possible it is better to choose a service like DHL rather than relying on the national postal services as DHL and the likes manage the delivery from end to end. Especially for pricey items like a leather jacket I think it’s worth dropping the extra cash.

How come you are returning a LW to Italy? Is there a stockist there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just a ebay seller. Beautiful jacket, too big on me, I made mistake that same measurements works on 4oz leather is not gonna works on much thinner leather.

patrick_b

One of the Regulars
I've had similar experience ordering from brick & mortar retailers in Italy. One order came through without a hitch while another order from the same place a week later took a month. Sadly my contact indicated that it is par for the course in Italy but they never lose anything permanently. Things just get delayed on their end. Once she filed a complaint with the IT post service, it eventually resolved itself. But we were at the mercy of their system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ