Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Review NOS Protech Leather Apparel Vintage Trojan Style Leather Jacket

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Thats a really cool jacket and it fits you well. The brand's name definitely sounds like one that would make those busy looking mc jackets shown elsewhere in the thread so it's pretty cool that they did a Trojan even if it's not an exact repro.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Congrats, looks great and it fits really well!

I love the collar shape. Not every company gets the double collar or 'W' collar right imo.
Thank you! I like this "W" collar shape too. Especially because it closes higher and therefore I am able to ride with open front which I like.

Reactions: jeo

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Protech was made at the Vanson factory in the 90s. Accroding to this Japanese seller, they also made some other jackets for Protech brand, like B-3 and such, one I am looking at...

Image1pt.jpg

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Protech was made at the Vanson factory in the 90s. Accroding to this Japanese seller, they also made some other jackets for Protech brand, like B-3 and such, one I am looking at...

View attachment 534800
Cool news, much appreciated and many thanks. I always felt I am wearing a vanson when I wore the trojan... in terms of the leather, finish and construction.

I ain’t buying Vanson made them, especially from some Japanese seller, but will ask (like anyone here could ask).

Maybe I’ll be surprised.

Vanson’s response—

Well actually the owner's original partner started PROTECH.
Vanson never made anything for them.
The only relationship around that was with their manufacturing partner in Pakistan.

Vanson had a short program of 2 styles made for us there. They were Vanson Leathers labels, not
Protech.

Probably just a confusion over the relationship between the two owners.
Jamie Goodson and Michael Vandersleesen.

Still best friends, but not partners for a very long time.

So, the Japanese seller is wrong. Imagine that.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Vanson’s response—

Well actually the owner's original partner started PROTECH.
Vanson never made anything for them.
The only relationship around that was with their manufacturing partner in Pakistan.

Vanson had a short program of 2 styles made for us there. They were Vanson Leathers labels, not
Protech.

Probably just a confusion over the relationship between the two owners.
Jamie Goodson and Michael Vandersleesen.

Still best friends, but not partners for a very long time.

So, the Japanese seller is wrong. Imagine that.
It seems Jamie Goodson wasn't only in relationship to Protech...

"... Upon the death of Leslie and Steve's subsequent retirement, production relocated to Brockton, Massachusetts. The factory was managed by Jamie Goodson with production manager Jay Winter. Accomplishing a seamless transition, Brooks subsequently sold ownership interest to Jamie, arguably "The Dean" of America's Motorcycle Apparel Industry. Jamie's career has spanned nearly 40 years creating hallmark brands such as Protech, Raider, Texport, and Vanson Leathers, as well as private label programs for many nationally recognized proprietary brands."

That also explains why my made in USA Protech "Trojan Style" Jacket is of good quality on the level of a Vanson :)

It seems Jamie Goodson wasn't only in relationship to Protech...

[/URL]
"... Upon the death of Leslie and Steve's subsequent retirement, production relocated to Brockton, Massachusetts. The factory was managed by Jamie Goodson with production manager Jay Winter. Accomplishing a seamless transition, Brooks subsequently sold ownership interest to Jamie, arguably "The Dean" of America's Motorcycle Apparel Industry. Jamie's career has spanned nearly 40 years creating hallmark brands such as Protech, Raider, Texport, and Vanson Leathers, as well as private label programs for many nationally recognized proprietary brands."

That also explains why my made in USA Protech "Trojan Style" Jacket is of good quality on the level of a Vanson :)
Man those modern day Brooks jackets…they look plain awful and they aren’t cheap! They killed the classic CR pattern that made them so great.

CombatWombat

Familiar Face
God that ProTech!.....
I'd seriously kill for one of those D Pockets because it's bigger than the usual I'm seeing on fleaBay (mostly Japanese sellers flogging 36's and 38's)

perterra

New in Town
That Made in America is an early Protech, they shifted from made in America to made in Mexico around 2000. The Mexican jackets were also very nice, heavy leather. I think the Pakistan models were the last one before they folded. Never handled a Pakistan made one so dont know how good they were. I have one of the Racer style from Mexico, good solid jacket.

In my recollection they were old school, dont remember seeing one with armor pockets or armored.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21