Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Review of the Eastman 'Luftwaffe' jacket, NEW

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I had my Eastman Luftwaffe jacket made as a 1960s bike jacket. Lewis were not in production back when I had this made but my options were: No pleats in the back and Zip pockets, other than that it is standard in smooth Steer. I now realise I should have had gussets put in the zip sleeves and a satin lining as the moleskin can be difficult to wear on a warm day.
Still, it is a great jacket though I removed the short leather zip pulls and replaced with strips of leather and a talisman on the main front zip pull.
Looks like a typical 1960s straight zip jacket from Lewis or Highwayman.
The only thing I don't like about it is it is from Eastmans 'Off the shoulder' era.
Shall post a pic sometime but my photo bucket is full at the moment.
J

Ali777

New in Town
Jacket quality

Nice Eastman, the design is mouthwatering, no doubt. However, after reading your posts and comparing your language with your pictures, I was a little dissapointed at the difference in build and material when compared with Lewis. The hide difference and thin-ness of and between the panels a noticeable from new. The construction, although fine, is not quite as accurate as Lewis. Perhaps this is where the vintage-ness lies. In terms of refinement overall, I was expecting to see something along the lines of the following pictures when described as you described it:
Please don't take me the wrong way, this is in my honest attempt to find what is the finest out there and to hopefully obtain it, someday.

leatherrefined.jpg

leatherfit.jpg
Hey Dude, I spent 3 hours looking for this Jacket on the web after stumbled upon your pic on google image , its really a great jacket ! Could you please share the brand , the model and ideally where I can find it...If they dont sell it anymore... do you know of any leather craftsmen that could make an exact replica? I know its lot of questions but that jacket is just exactly what I have been looking for! Thanks in advance

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I own one of the ELC 'Luftwaffe' jackets in 'steer' & will say that they are great jackets & my 'Fall' go to numbers when I want smart casual. Currently made in HH I believe :)

Ali777

New in Town
I own one of the ELC 'Luftwaffe' jackets in 'steer' & will say that they are great jackets & my 'Fall' go to numbers when I want smart casual. Currently made in HH I believe :)
Hey Bn1966 , thanks but I am actually talking about the jacket in the 2 pics posted by P5640blouson not the ELC ...do you know where he got it from? Cheers

Ali777

New in Town
Jacket quality

Nice Eastman, the design is mouthwatering, no doubt. However, after reading your posts and comparing your language with your pictures, I was a little dissapointed at the difference in build and material when compared with Lewis. The hide difference and thin-ness of and between the panels a noticeable from new. The construction, although fine, is not quite as accurate as Lewis. Perhaps this is where the vintage-ness lies. In terms of refinement overall, I was expecting to see something along the lines of the following pictures when described as you described it:
Please don't take me the wrong way, this is in my honest attempt to find what is the finest out there and to hopefully obtain it, someday.

leatherrefined.jpg

leatherfit.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner