Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Road Trip, hat stores? WV to FL to TX,NM,UT to CA and in between

illumin8em

A-List Customer
Howdy folks!

In two weeks I'll head out on an extended road trip and I'd love to see and try on some hats along the way. So any good shop recommendations along the route or in between destinations will be very appreciated. I could certainly do my best to check on anything for anyone at said stores, and document here in the thread for future travelers ;) I've only ever been to one hat store, in Pittsburgh PA, and it wasn't much to see.

I'll leave WV and head south to Florida Keys, then west along the Gulf Coast to Texas, onto NM, and Utah then west to California. I'll be out for a month+, so I'll have plenty of time to hunt.

If there is already a similar thread I apologize, I couldn't find any resource the like. Hopefully this was aptly titled.

Thanks for reading :)

Well, let's see, you're heading south from WV, so Batsakes in Cincy is out of the way. It also sounds lie it would be a bit out of your way to hit Buckaroo Hatters outside of Memphis. I know there are a couple of nice Panama Hat shops in Florida, including Montecristi Hat Works in St. Augustine.

Turning left, if you're hitting NOLA, Meyer the Hatter is a must. Shudde Brothers in Houston. And as advised, stay away from Peters Bros in Ft. Worth. They are too nice and make great hats - you would be sooo disappointed in a visit there. :rolleyes:

After that, I don't know. I think there's a custom hatter in Salt Lake, but can't remember the name. I think there is a thread around here somewhere on hatters and their locations.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Howdy folks!

In two weeks I'll head out on an extended road trip and I'd love to see and try on some hats along the way. So any good shop recommendations along the route or in between destinations will be very appreciated. I could certainly do my best to check on anything for anyone at said stores, and document here in the thread for future travelers ;) I've only ever been to one hat store, in Pittsburgh PA, and it wasn't much to see.

I'll leave WV and head south to Florida Keys, then west along the Gulf Coast to Texas, onto NM, and Utah then west to California. I'll be out for a month+, so I'll have plenty of time to hunt.

If there is already a similar thread I apologize, I couldn't find any resource the like. Hopefully this was aptly titled.

Bring lots of disposable income.

RJR

Along the way;Paris Hatters in San Antonio,Optimo Hatworks in Bisbee,AZ & Watson in Cave Creek,AZ(Metro Phoenix).

Snortman45

Familiar Face
There are two hat shops on the west side of Atlanta if you go through there. Executive Hats and Hats on Us. Don't know anything about either, except that they both look good on their websites.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Knotten

Practically Family
Visit JW Hats in Salt Lake. Lots of custom hats, and JW will even give you a course on how to make your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

illumin8em

A-List Customer
Thanks everyone for your recommendations and advice. I'll definitely use it while on the trip. Too bad there isn't really anything on the eastern part of the trip. I'll give Atlanta a try if we pass through

Jake Willis

New in Town
Howdy folks!

If you ever make your way this far north, go to "Kickin Ass Hats" in Miles, City, Montana. They specialize in cowboy hats, but could make you any sort of custom felt hat you wanted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ