Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rock & Roll Oldsters

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
May good health accompany all of them. Do check out AHCC (Active Hexose Correlated Compound)

It has been a sad several weeks for Rock and Roll. I noticed that Keith Richards isn't on the list: oversight or has he entered another realm where drugs and booze has replaced blood and body and he exists but not in a state of being that we normally think of as life? Please do not mistake my attempt at some light-hearted humor as callous as I sincerely wish Keith and all our aging rockers the best, but I am amazed that Keith (I'm a huge Stones fan and Richards fan) has made it through all he has done to himself.

It has been a sad several weeks for Rock and Roll. I noticed that Keith Richards isn't on the list: oversight or has he entered another realm where drugs and booze has replaced blood and body and he exists but not in a state of being that we normally think of as life? Please do not mistake my attempt at some light-hearted humor as callous as I sincerely wish Keith and all our aging rockers the best, but I am amazed that Keith (I'm a huge Stones fan and Richards fan) has made it through all he has done to himself.

I saw a picture of Sammy Hagar on something the other day. He still looks and sounds pretty darn good for being 68.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Keith Richard's housekeeper shares a similar sentiment:
http://www.theonion.com/article/keith-richards-housekeeper-has-braced-herself-for--28708

GHT

I'll Lock Up
In the mid to late 1990's I used to go to a Rock N Roll venue known as The Thunderbird Club. There I saw Jack Scott, who is still rockin,' as well as Charlie Gracie, who is also still rockin.' The Crickets, the line up at that time was Joe Maudlin, Glen Hardin, Jerry Allison & Sonny Curtis. All of whom I think are still with us. The Comets, haven't checked them out, but back in the 90's the youngest band member was 71. We also saw Nappy Brown, RIP Carl Perkins, RIP, The Blue Caps and a host of British rockers from the fifties. As they used to say: "You are never too old to Rock & Roll." Or as Charlie would say: It's Fabulous.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Carly Simon is not 71. No way. She will always be in her 30s in my mind. :)

My claim to fame with Carly Simon is that I slept in the same bed as her one time. Unfortunately, she wasn't in the bed at the time, but still, I slept in her bed. One of the relatives of James Taylor owned a cabin in the mountains not too far from where I live, and several of us were invited there for a weekend back in the early 1970s (I was friends with the niece of the relative of Taylor). When James Taylor and Carly Simon were married, they often came to the cabin at "Sandy Bottom" for short vacations. On my visit, I got to stay in the same room that Carly Simon and James Taylor used to stay when they visited.

Even today, when I think of that room and the time Carly and I spent (almost) together, my heart skips a beat. :)

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You're getting older when you see that punks and new wavers are entering their sixties and seventies...
Balding, pot bellied new wavers and punks just crack me up. But at least skin heads no longer need to shave their heads to be a skin head.

Edward

Bartender

I firmly believe that Keith has been a vampire since at least 1968.

Edward

Bartender
You're getting older when you see that punks and new wavers are entering their sixties and seventies...

I love it. More than a few of them still have It, and it's great fun seeing them defy the fetishisation of youth in contemporary society. Which rather fits with the ethos, in my mind. ;)

philosophygirl78

A-List Customer

60856781.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112