Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rocketman: Bernie Taupin's Leather Jacket

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I saw Rocketman this evening. Stellar movie! Scene after scene, Bernie Taupin (Jamie Bell) wears a series of great leather jackets. I did a quick search and it appears that Taupin was/is a patron of leather outerwear. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any photos of the best jackets in the movie, but there are several winners. The early tan jacket is awesome. The later brown perfecto is sweet. The black jacket depicted below rocks.

Real:

elton-bernie1.jpg

Movie:

2019-05-28_wex_50678894_I1.JPG

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Nice. I did see some cool jackets on him in the trailer. He also is one of the greatest lyricists ever.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
I’m not a big Elton John fan but his early album ‘Tumbleweed Connection’ is great. It has a Wild West theme but was written in damp England before he and Taupin had been to America funnily enough.

I watched ‘Stockholm’ last night, not a great film but Ethan Hawke plays a bank robber who is really into movies, so he wears the Captain America jacket and leather pants Peter Fonda wore in ‘Easy Rider’, a lightweight movie version of the jacket that is.

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Elton John! Why oh why, when so called celebrities have so much money they cannot really get a decent look.
Elton John: The worst hair transplant in the world, it looks modelled from a male dolls head.
Simon Cowell: Designer stubble does not work for this man, try Don Johnson or a young George Michael for the best look.
Mark Zuckerberg: He runs through Walmart buying up all the grey Ts to match his personality I expect.
I am glad I am who I am without the need to change.

regius

The first photo, didn’t realize it was a leather jacket, maybe suede? I guess Taupin’s fascination with cow country lifestyle naturally points to an affinity to leather clothing. By the way, huge Elton john fan for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regius

What I don’t get is why the movie Taupin doesn’t wear the same iconic Taupin hairdo...

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Been seeing posters for this all over town and thanks to this thread, just now realized it isn't a superhero movie.
Well you do have a point, it is of course a reference to the 1972 song Rocket Man, and the point you make is that in September 2017, President Donald Trump referred to North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un as "Rocket Man" in one of his tweets, in apparent reference to the song.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Mrs went to see this with her friend. Both were Elton John fans starting in the 1970s and reckon that was his best era, and both thought the film was great.
Me? I'm not a big fan but have to agree this was his best time.

Edward

Bartender
Not a fan at all, but I might well end up seeing the film some day on a plane with time to kill. I'm always intruged by Hollywood depictions of a time I lived through, comparing it to how I remember the aesthetic of the period.

Similarly, not a fan of Queen as such, but caught the Freddie Mercury biopic on a plane last week. It's bookended with him getting the car to go and play Live Aid in July 85; in those sequences, he wears a Perfecto style jacket that looks vintage. Initially it looks a deep, rich brown, but in some close-ups it starts to look like it started off black. Like a teacore with all the black layer worn down to a deep brown. Very nice looking jacket.

regius

Not a fan at all, but I might well end up seeing the film some day on a plane with time to kill. I'm always intruged by Hollywood depictions of a time I lived through, comparing it to how I remember the aesthetic of the period.

Similarly, not a fan of Queen as such, but caught the Freddie Mercury biopic on a plane last week. It's bookended with him getting the car to go and play Live Aid in July 85; in those sequences, he wears a Perfecto style jacket that looks vintage. Initially it looks a deep, rich brown, but in some close-ups it starts to look like it started off black. Like a teacore with all the black layer worn down to a deep brown. Very nice looking jacket.

That movie jacket was an Aero

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points