Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ROLE CLUB "BRIAN THE BOOTMAKER" VINTAGE STYLE ENGINEER BOOTS US-9 / UK-8

58panheadfan

One Too Many
If you are looking for a "beefy" Boot that could go with your heavy Leather Jacket, may this is for you:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROLE-CLUB-B...856512?hash=item5b21b9eb80:g:ng8AAOSwmmxW6YLu

s-l1600.jpg

58panheadfan

One Too Many
"Defile"? It's always a point of view... or better a thing of functionality ;) I added this sole with a view of using them as my motorbike gear & good grip. Remove the sole is an easy fix.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
True, I know you're much better off with full lug soles than half soles when on a motorcycle. It just seems to me that getting a pair of standard Wesco Boss boots for $400, already equipped with Vibram 100 soles, seems like a more logical choice than putting lug soles on the extremely detailed and high end 40s inspired Engineer boots that Brian makes.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
@mendelboaz, that's your opinion ;)

Just bring up rules on another forum about classified/sales thread:
"I'd also like to add that respect is paramount here. If you do not have anything constructive to add to someone's for sale thread, do not say anything."

But of course, feel free to open a new thread in outerwear section with titel, e.g. "Pros and cons for a Vibram 100 sole on 40's Style Engineer boots".

Thank you for your understanding!

nerkg

Familiar Face
He makes a valid point , everyone has there own opinion but in no way is he being disrespectful. He also adds a very valid and constructive point, in no way non constructive. The sole is 80% of the beauty, the upper any one could do pretty much within reason of course

He makes a valid point , everyone has there own opinion but in no way is he being disrespectful. He also adds a very valid and constructive point, in no way non constructive. The sole is 80% of the beauty, the upper any one could do pretty much within reason of course

Actually, no.

Politeness, in this case, is entirely irrelevant. As long as Panheadfan had made very clear that the soles have been replaced (which he did), the sale thread is the last place where the matter of aesthetics should be brought up. Beauty is entirely subjective so complaining about what had been done to the item in question can do nothing but harm the sale. Someone just might prefer these exact soles.

This I mention only for the sake of discussion & with all due respect toward Mendel, who's a great guy.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
At this point I'd like to offer my apologies. No disrespect meant and I have no intent of blocking your sale. My comment has no place in this thread, feel free to delete it.

belopsky

One of the Regulars
FYI: Soles aside, Brian's boots are custom. I suppose if you go full out wesco custom and they make you a last, OK, but othewise Brian's are still better as far as 'fitting all aspects' of the foot

bretron

Call Me a Cab
One could always buy and resole to their heart's content. And at this price, why not? ;)

belopsky

One of the Regulars
Why sell the boot after waiting so long to get one made in the first place? (things happen, just wondering)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto