Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rolling the dice with a cut-rate suit

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
Today I got a Groupon offer:

Aspetto
Tailors masterfully hand-stitch perfectly fitted suits from quality horsehair canvas and one of 300 fabrics, attracting a client base of politicians, celebrities, athletes, and business leaders. They can also complement individual body types and styles with a plethora of flourishes such as a functional lapel buttonhole, pick stitching, Italian-style slanted pockets, or soft inner linings made from the hides of poached Muppets.​

So I bought a "$850 value" suit via Groupon for $425.

The tailor is south of Washington, DC in Fredericksburg, VA. I have my first visit with the vendor on Saturday afternoon. They have their own, not-ready-for-prime-time web site and a Facebook page.

If anyone shows interest, I'll report on the visit. If you have specific questions, please ask, and I'll see what I can do to accommodate.

While I have bought Bangkok-made suits for this price often, this is the first time I've bought an American suit tailor-made. Even at the regular price of $850, a non-fused suit built on a canvas whadayacallit base, seems awfully cheap. But I'm intrigued enough to gamble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ