Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ronson Pipe Stand (rehab or no?)

GWD

One Too Many
I won this last night in tandem with the pipe. I was wondering, do you leave items like this as is, or do you re-furbish them? [huh]

Warbaby

One Too Many
To refurbish or not is mostly a matter of personal taste. Because I like things to be pristine and perfect, if it were mine, I'd touch up the paint chips in the base (easy for me since I used to be an art restorer at the MMA), but unless you're really good at that sort of thing it's not worth the risk of making it look worse. In any event, I don't think the paint chips are a serious detraction - just signs of age and use. My advice would be to clean it up with a damp cloth dipped in mild soapy water, let it dry well, then give it a coat of a hard paste wax like Trewax or Staples Bowling Alley Wax and buff it up with a soft cloth or small brush. I think you'll be pleased with the results.

GWD

One Too Many
I didn't realize they needed art restorers in the Mixed Martial Arts. They must break a lot of stuff. :D

Thanks Warbaby, I'll clean it up like you said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto