Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Russell Moccasin Products

LouisBailie

Banned
Is there any interest in posting information about the different models of these boots and shoes? Great stuff if you like this kind of stuff:

http://www.russellmoccasin.com/

That is Suzie on the front page, the ebay sales lady suzifabs....

I have several pairs and have knowledge in getting them from their ebay sales for a real bargain, as low as 30-35% of their list prices.

I like the alligator ostrich elephant stuff and if you know how/when/what sizes to buy you can get real good stuff for bargain prices.

I can post pics of most of their premium stuff (from my stuff) and what I had to do to get them to fit perfectly....along what and how to fix the little stuff that makes them seconds.....

I'd be interested.

I have a couple of used pairs (circa 1955 Oneida Moccasins and some not-quite-so-old Chukkas).

I also have the '55 catalog scans up here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk1eayeA

I have been watching a few pairs of minimalist Signature South 40 Bird Shooters go through eBay, but have yet to pull the trigger.

Is "usa_boots" their official eBay seller?

If money wasn't tight (and I could keep from buying other boots) I would have several different models of Russell Mocs.

Looking forward to what you have to share.

Thanks,

Bob

LouisBailie

Banned
yes USA is the other lady at Russell, both sell returns, 2nds, and dead old stock.

If you intend to buy boots wait until the "triple vamp" models in what you are wanting are there. They are the ones that are the most well made and wear the longest.

Their "production sale stuff" is a little off and all or most need tweaking to make 100%. Minor stuff but if left untouched it causes problems.

I have just gotten a pair of their 1200 RM Ostrich triple vamp Zephyrs.
the rear zipper tops on both boots nesded to be restitched to make solid and the right boot was off in size and width by a full size in length and 2 letters in width.

That is why triple vamps are good. the boot took the widening and length stretch easily.

Last edited:

LouisBailie

Banned
She lists on both seller names, just search for "Russell Moccasin" and look for the new shoes/boots that are displayed on an office chair. I think the name is suzifabs but never look for it that way.

LouisBailie

Banned
Wore a pair of alligator mocs yesterday working around moving stuff, people mentioned that they were very nice looking and comfortable looking.

Yup real cushion soles and heels and once broken in, they feel like a second pair of socks. I like them for doing stuff where nothing is going to fall on my feet.

Today, I wore the freshly stretched Ostrich boots in the yard filling my fuel and oil tanks, topping off at old fuel prices. They are like walking on a cloud and when I hit a puddle about 3-4 inches deep, no water seeped or leaked into the boot. Exactly why I buy the triple vamped boots.

I am considering having Vibram 2021s put on them. Same bottoms on my Vibergs/Whites/Nicks work boots and raise them up another .5-.75 inch.

RJR

You might just go to the Russell website and check out the on hand and sale items.I've had good luck on there over the years.If you ever have a chance to visit,do it!Quite an experience.First time I was there years ago Ralph F,Russell president,was measuring my feet personally before I figured out who he was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ