Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SALE! The Real McCoy´s A2 Rough Wear 38

Jaime

One of the Regulars
Hello gentlemen,

First of all I´m not quite sure if this is the correct place to post this thread, if not, please tell me.

Im selling my Real McCoy´s Rough Wear, bought 2 years ago. As you can see in the pictures is as new, the leather is in a great shape and the lining, collar and zipper are perfect. Its a size 38 and fits relaxed. Im 1.73cm, what means about 5ft 8 1/2 inch? Im not sure at all about the conversion.

It costed me around 1000€, and Im selling for 700€, but negotiable. I prefer to use PayPal and the shipping is free.

If anyone have questions I´ll be happy to answer all of your doubts.

Thanks for reading this and here you are some pictures:

rw1.jpg

rw2.jpg

rw3.jpg

rw4.jpg

hotwater2.jpg

hotwater1.jpg

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Nice rmnz, but this should go in the Classifieds section... Good luck in your sale

Btw that considered light seal or dark russet? I ask cos the line is pretty blurry to me!!

Jaime

One of the Regulars
Hello Bretron, its seal brown, but I guess you can call it very dark russet :rolleyes:

Qinhan

Familiar Face
You could lose your membership for that sort of blasphemy lol

Ok, in the spirit of solidarity, let me be the second person to say that, despite loving vintage leather jackets, I too have never been a big fan of the A-2. Burn me at the stake if you must.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I am not a fan of knits, thats why all of those jackets go away for me. I know I will spill coffe on them, or my daughter will have me play in the mud or something like that and I just know there is noway the jacket will even be remotely broken in before the knits are "destroyed".
Im also not a fan of them rubbing against all the different tables we sit at during lunch at different places on trips and even in restaurants. Since they work as sponges and is the perfect place for germs to thrive.

This is why I havent bought an Aero HappyDays even tho its completely badass :D

The jacket looks really good, I hope you get your price.

All this being said, and also after not being a fan of the A2 style, I have softened in the last years being constantly beaten upon with gorgeous pics of A2´s on this site, I now know I will have to get one in the future. But its gonna have to be a jacket to wear to work or something like that.

Knits can be replaced. WWII vintage A-2s are still around and wearable. Many have new knits, some don't. If that's holding you back, give it a shot. Now, much cheaper jackets have some crappy knits, so they won't last as long, but I've yet to have any issues.
I was paranoid about moths, but these will outlast me, so no big deal.

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
I've never been a huge fan of the A-2 either, I think mostly because I've always seen them poor fitting and they look unflattering, like a loose sweater they can put a lot of weight on a guy, and if he's shorter and already a solid build it makes them look portly.

This one here looks like a good fit and I think it was Butte who had one with a good fit so I could change my mind on the A-2, who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points