Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartorial Art Journal, 1942

Mario

I'll Lock Up

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

RobStC

A-List Customer
Great stuff, Mario - thanks so much for posting this. Some lovely suits and general outfits in there, plus a lot of distinctly mid-width ribbons on the hats.

RobStC

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
The fellow on the right. What would we call that outfit? Striped trousers, not a cutaway, small bow tie, low hat. I like it.

index.php

Also? Dented homburg-ishes. Nice

index.php

The 40's Stetson homburg I have has persistent front dents that want to be there, no matter how carefully I press them out. Open the box, there they are again.

Also, I see gloves all around these images. Marty? See the gloves? :)

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In germany we call this outfit a "Stresemann" after a politician who did wear this in 1925 because he was sick of changing clothes during the day and found the cutaway too unpractical. I would have expected a homburg hat though.

Very nice scnas, Mario. Thank you for the afford. I will post some new scans next week (american, german and french catalogues)

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Mario wonderful! Many thanks, the gent's outfit on the right of the first slide is very much my ideal (if it wa a 3 button waistcoat...).

Scotrace: I would call that a stroller/black lounge outfit, like morning dress but with a stroller instead of a cutaway coat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points