Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saving Private Logan

RIOT

Practically Family
From the set of X-Men Origins: Wolverine

logan.jpg

X-Men Origins: Magneto is also in the works.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Is that the 29th Infantry Division patch? I always thought that Wolverine was a Canadian citizen...Can any X-Men experts out there clarify this?

EDIT: According to the (all-knowing) Wikipedia:

"During World War II, Logan teams with Captain America versus HYDRA, and continues a career as a soldier-of-fortune/adventurer. Logan works for the First Canadian Parachute Battalion." (Wolverine Vol 2 #34)

RIOT

Practically Family
Yes, that is the 29th ID insignia, and yes, he was a Canadian Commando during his exploits in WWII. Logan has actually been around for a long time, even as far back as the Civil War. There could be a reason there why he is wearing a 29th ID, notice that his uniform is slightly different.

More info on Logan's history can be read here http://en.marveldatabase.com/James_Howlett_(Earth-616)

I do hope they at least show Capt. & Sabertooth in this movie as Cap & Wolverine used to be commando buddies and Sabertooth worked along with them during WWII.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
BTW, I read the UNCANNY X-MEN comic frequently circa 1979-1984, but much has been done to the character (and to comics) since that time, so I can no longer claim to be fluent in all things Wolverine.

RIOT

Practically Family
I can't wait to see the showdown between Wolverine & Sabertooth. Did anyone catch Gambit in the preview?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana