Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SB Clayton

samo

One of the Regulars
Hi there,

for some time I have been enjoying my Simmons Bilt Clayton jacket. I like it due to its simplicity and full action back. The leather of choice was SB black goat and jacket was ordered according following specifications:
chest 48',
back length: 26.75',
shoulder to shoulder 22,5' ,
sleeve length: 28.5',
and I also asked for tapering.

Beside that I asked for some modifications. The most obvious are:
traditional instead mandarin collar, hidden zipper, prong buckles and contrast stitching.
I also opted for: RiRi size 8 zipper, leather protected cuffs and hem, olive military twill lining and patch-pockets.

The leather - black goat shows very uniform grain structure and is about 3 oz thick. As I suppose any goat, it does not required much breaking in and was comfortable out from the box.

The jacket was, as my shearling lined Roadster, made by Edith, and I really, really like her work and finally I would also like to tkanks Debs for great customer support.:)

Some pics:
P1010502.JPG

P1010503.JPG

P1010504.JPG
and fit pics:
P1010500.JPG

P1010497.JPG

P1010498.JPG

Looks great and the pronged buckles are a great idea. Keeps the HB locked in position. Love the color of the liner too.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I must say I do like the jacket and LOVE your choice of liner. I'd be real interested to see how the liner holds up though. Well done I'd say.

Worf

samo

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the comments guys. Regarding the liner it is very comfortable and according to SB also very durable. I also think that size is ok, nothing what could not be solved with some breaking in. At 15 inch drop from the chest to waist really not want to have skin thight jacket. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana