Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SB Lavant Clayton veg tan vintage brown HH & Harris Tweed

Thuggee

Practically Family
After the jacket was wet, the leather became dull, so I brushed it... pull up leather as some self-polishing vein. Also it darkened im some areas significant.

Wow I need to get mine wet and brushed I have a Goodwin in the exact same leather, yours looks amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Wow I need to get mine wet and brushed I have a Goodwin in the exact same leather, yours looks amazing

Thank you! I owned three SB jackets made from dark brown veg tan leather. Atm, I still own the Lavant. I have to say, all three leathers differed quite a lot. But, the leather of the Lavant has the most mottled surface and differ the most in color variation of all three.

The jacket has darkened the most in the left chest area where the inner pocket is located. The leather used there is a bit thicker and has developed beautiful wrinkles.

nattevagten

One of the Regulars
I know, there is not much SB love here, but the leather and workmanship itself is gorgeous: Simmons Bilt Lavant, Clayton veg tan vintage brown HH, Harris tweed lining.

With this post, I only want to document the beauty of the Clayton leather and bring it closer to the interested party. Please leave in this thread the comments SB vs. Aero, thank you!

Indoor pics:

View attachment 166469 View attachment 166470

Is the Clayton vintage leather mid- or heavy-weight? Compared to Schott's steerhide, for example, if you have any experience with Schott jackets? Also considering getting a jacket made from that hide, but I still have some doubts.

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Is the Clayton vintage leather mid- or heavy-weight? Compared to Schott's steerhide, for example, if you have any experience with Schott jackets? Also considering getting a jacket made from that hide, but I still have some doubts.

I would say I definitely count this leather in the heavier class. However, the leather is quite supple and pliable from the start. Of course, the wearing comfort depends on the type of jacket. With this type of jacket/coat, I always had the feeling of wearing a jacket with substance.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ