Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SB shearling lined Roadster

samo

One of the Regulars
Decided to get a new winter jacket. Initially, I was on military shearling jackets but the lack of hand warm pockets pushed me towards civilian designs. So I picked Simmons Bilt shearling lined Roadster.

I think that jacket construction and chosen hide(s) are perfect. This particular hide (goat russet) has very uniform grain structure and is of incredible thickness - close to 3.5 oz, what I really like. I have never seen such thick goat hide?

You can comment everything, even the riri zipper :). Nevertheless, I would kindly ask You not to touch the manufacturer, as this thread is meant to be about my new jacket, ONLY !

So here we go - the specifications:
size 48',
leather: goat russet,
back length: 27.5',
shoulder to shoulder 23' ,
sleeve length: 28.5'.
The jacket was also heavily tapered, i guess 3 sizes down?

Modifications:
prong buckles,
no internal chest pockets,
leather strips in the cuffs and hem of the jacket,
size 8 riri zipper.

Details:
d90f46a3-c765-4e21-84ff-23efcd203753_zpsgtzavfwn.jpg

e1207052-b5ae-4e04-a3ae-11a6a84d4fdd_zps4gpit7gy.jpg

P1010438_zpscsxcrwnx.jpg

P1010441_zpsxti4mcrv.jpg

Fit pics:

P1010445_zpsxi4lmkqp.jpg

P1010446_zpsm5cfiu7a.jpg
P1010453_zpsmtgn1w1q.jpg

Last edited:

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice, looks like its going to be a great winter jacket.
I really like the prong side buckles, I usually have to sew through the stitch holes on my jackets to stop the usual side adjusters from slipping out.

samo

One of the Regulars
Thanks for remarks guys. The shoulder to shoulder spam is 0.5' wider as requested, probably to acommodate the shearling? I think that angle in-between the shoulder and arm of the jacket will soften with break-in of the shearling. When ordering I also have the idea that it would be nice to have shearling lined sleeves, but was strongly advised against, as there would be to much bulk created. So sleeves finished to be lined in cotton drill.

BobJ

Practically Family
That looks like one comfy, cozy jacket! And it's nice that you got it in goat, to repel the rain, sleet and snow.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Great fit, congratulations! I know someone from around here had an Aero Stockman which was made from incredibly thick goat too. I'm no big fan of goat because it looks like new forever, but it will last forever, especially in that thickness!

Stand By

One Too Many
I'm not into civilian designs as a rule, but I must say that I like yours, Samo!
It's like a russet G-1 with the goatskin and mouton collar but with the motorcycle look - it's a great hybrid and I think even my girlfriend would like that on me! It looks beautiful both on and off you. It's a winner. You deserve to to be thrilled with that one!
Well done! :)

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Looks pretty good. I sent them my black goat Roadster to be re lined in shearling with a mouton collar a couple of weeks ago. It’s going to be next winter by the time I’ll get to use it though. I didn’t think they had that really nice goat anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana