Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scala Boater For Sale

DerMann

Practically Family
Some time ago I purchased a Scala boater off of eBay for use in the summer months.

Unfortunately, I've never been able to quite work it into any particular outfit and it has just been gathering dust on my shelf.

It's not a cheaply made hat by any means. It's extremely solid, has a floating leather sweatband, and the ribbon is decent.

I bought it for well over $99 sans shipping a few years ago and have only worn it a few times.

For my wonderful comrades of the Lounge, I'd let it go for $70 plus the actual cost of shipping (I should have the actual box it came in, if not some generic hat box).

First come first served, of course.

If you need pictures, I'll get some tonight.

*EDIT* My, it must have been quite some time since my last visit. Forgot to mention the size. 7 5/8, and pretty close to it.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I'd like to see a pic or two, and I'd like to know the dimensions, front to back and side to side, of the inside of the crown.

I'm a 7 5/8, but an extra long oval, so it probably won't fit me. But I'd like to be certain before I let it pass me by.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Boater%20Straw%20Jul%202%202002%20225X.gif

"this is the Scala Boater sold here in the Swan River Colony"

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Unfortunately, the boater doesn't quite fit me (darn my huge hayed!).

It's a great looking hat, and in great condition, just as DerMann described it, so I'm really disappointed to have to part with it.

But my loss could be your gain. I'll let it go for $70, including shipping in the US (if you need it shipped internationally, PM me, but I'd rather sell it domestically, if possible), a ten-dollar savings over what I paid.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Re: wearing your boater

DerMann: Maybe this is an opportunity to rethink getting rid of the hat. Don't think of it in terms of outfits. Think of it in terms of, "Is this a hot and sunny enough day to warrant wearing this hat?" If you wear it a few times on a hot sunny day you'll start to appreciate the boater's qualities. It has an almost uncanny ability to ventilate and cool your skull. When you make this breakthrough, any outfit you wear with will suddenly be an appropriate outfit.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Too late -- the hat is even now on its way to Pera T. in New Zealand.

(It's probably sitting on a shelf at the post office at 32nd and Eighth, actually, but it's been mailed.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw