Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scarves

ufguy11

One of the Regulars
Usually in the fall and winter I wear a coat or overcoat with a fedora/homburg with whatever else I'm wearing, and sometimes gloves, but I've never wore a scarf with anything. Does anyone have suggestions on a decent to good quality scarf to buy that is in a good price range? Also, are there types of fabrics that are better or more expensive?

Thanks,

J.J.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Warmer scarves tend to come in three varieties: cashmere (or cashmere blend), wool flannel, or polyester flannel. A cashmere blend might be a nice compromise for you. As for the polyester flannels, they look good and feel soft at first, but they don't breathe and tend to pill quickly .

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Marc Chevalier said:
Warmer scarves tend to come in three varieties

Don't forget silk scarves.

Shoes378.jpg

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Scarves are the best! I usually wear a leather jacket and a scarf keeps my neck nice and warm.For daily use I prefer something that looks a little rougher. I used a charcoal gray wool scarf from GAP, which probably cost me about $20 if I remember. I loaned it to my dad and never got it back.
I try to find simple scarves that'll match with most things. I had a beautiful scarf from Burberry two years ago that I found in a Burberry outlet for about $40, which is reallllly cheap for a Burberry scarf. It didn't have the standard novacheck. Instead, the scarf was a rich brown and the check stripes were black and red. This scarf would've gone with anything. Lo and behold....it was stolen. Oh, well. Better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all.
Now I have two scarves- a navy blue wool scarf from Nautica and a Fendi wool brown/olive alternating twill scarf.
You may want to ask for a scarf as a gift...it's not something I would personally like to spend money on but if you know someone with good taste, it should be something relatively easy to find.
DSC01183.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda