Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 115 'Police Jacket' 42"

H.Johnson

One Too Many
For Sale - Schott 115 'Police Jacket' 42"

Yet another victim of age-related weight loss and closet clearance.

This is a fine Schott 115 'police-style' motorcycle jacket in dark brown (some people call it 'cordovan') horsehide. At least this is what Schott told me when I bought it... This style and colour is now quite rare as they were only made in 1983 and 1984. This (according to its Lot Number) was made in 1983 and I acquired it new in 1984 (when I was a 42" chest!). The modern version is the 125 in black and isn't as attractive in my opinion. Neither version has a belt.

This example has the old-style brass fittings, the snaps and zips say 'Schott' on them and are all working perfectly. The zip tabs and waist cinches are in matching horsehide. It has the Schott 'motorcycle' label and union/cleaning tag. The brown cotton quilted lining is entire and in good condition. The pocket tag is present and is clear. The jacket is still in very good condition, showing very little wear (I look after my jackets). The only minor fault I can see is a small graze across the lower front (see photograph). I bet this could be alleviated with some Pecards.

jackets011.jpg

jackets013-1.jpg

jackets012-1.jpg

jackets014.jpg

The approximate measurements (taken laid flat) are as follows:
Armpit to armpit = 22 1/2"
'Tailor's arm' (nape to cuff) = 36" (long arms!)
Back length (nape to hem) = 25"
Across waist (laces tight) = 17"
Across waist (laces loose) = 20"
It will easily fit someone with a true 42" chest and around six feet tall fairly loosely.

I am asking 80 GBP, buyer to pay shipping. It's heavy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider