Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 613SH size 40

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I'm really struggling with this one. It was the hardest jacket for me to track down at a good price. Not a lot out there in the wild. Probably the one I've spent the most time thinking about whether I want to keep or not. Given it's not even summer yet but been hot as hell, I don't think jackets have been selling as fast on here, so maybe it'll be a sign to keep it LOL. We'll see. But that hasn't stopped me as I have been buying, probably more than I should, so I really need to clear out a couple. And I'm getting really redundant with black cross zips, so here goes.

Tons of history and info about 613sh on this great thread started by @Aloysius https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/hidden-in-plain-schott-the-613sh-perfecto.105564/

Bottom line, the design is classic Perfecto cross zip but this particular style addresses some of the usual Schott "issues". For instance, it's not boxy at all or "beer bellied", quite the opposite. More straight line, slimmer than usual, narrower shoulders,. And most importantly, the 613sh horsehide leather appears to be used just for this jacket. The other horsehide leathers on various Schott leathers seem to be slightly thinner and more top coat heavy. the 613SH leather is very soft to the touch, substantial but pliable (not like CXL), has broken in much easier and is already showing a lot of grain and creases with just about 75 wears.

This is probably the most true to size Schott I've ever had (and I've owned like 20). I'd say it's like a 41 but you have the shoulder gussets so you can push it (like I did) for that more rocknroll kind of look if you want. I'm 6'0 185-190 lbs and it's definitely a snug fit, more tshirt only but I have squeezed in a thin hoodie as well. About 75 wears, mostly inside the house or hanging out in the back yard. Great condition all around. Schott just raised the price on these to $1000.

PTP 22.5
Shoulder 17.5
Back Length 24.75 + .75 front drop
Sleeve 26.25 around the curve

$600 PPFF Conus shipping included.

20220617_094721.jpg
20220617_094727.jpg
20220617_094732.jpg
20220617_094814.jpg

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is an absolutely phenomenal jacket. Anyone who’s been wanting to see what the decades of hype about Schott Perfectos is about, and is a size 38 or 40, should consider this.

It has the cut and fit of a vintage model, with the kind of overbuilt construction and leather that’s popular in our hobby. No losing here.

Kfz

Familiar Face
I am a fan of Schott too. But somehow Schott doesn’t sell well here. Maybe too many on the market?

Aloysius

I am a fan of Schott too. But somehow Schott doesn’t sell well here. Maybe too many on the market?

I think it's mostly groupthink and a lot of repeated assertions over the years that their stuff must be prima facie bad because it's less expensive than the Japanese and European makers, and too 'mainstream'.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I think they're priced a little high when new. They're getting pretty close to Aero prices and side by side, if I'm being fair, I'd give the edge to Aero. There are some Schott collabs and special editions, etc. that I think are on par, however, but just generally speaking.

In the secondary market, I don't think there's a better value. The price comes down about 35-50% for barely worn jackets, and I think at that price point they're all really good, but especially a few models that have the upgraded leather. $500-$600 for a jacket that will last a lifetime and get better with age. And I know there's a lot of bad info out there about their true role in the history of leather jackets and all that, but there's no denying, their version of a Perfecto just has the right feel to it for whatever reason.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Sold. Might have a couple more jackets popping up soon and still have a couple Schott flight jackets for sale pretty cheap. The quest to get the jacket count down is moving along, now I just need to cut off the Iron Heart shirt hunt LOL

Aloysius

Sold. Might have a couple more jackets popping up soon and still have a couple Schott flight jackets for sale pretty cheap. The quest to get the jacket count down is moving along, now I just need to cut off the Iron Heart shirt hunt LOL

Much easier when you switch from Iron Heart to similar brands that don't have their UK stockist setting inflated prices for every region outside Japan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points