Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 641

TartuWolf

Practically Family
On the short side in relation to that specific pair of pants. Higher rise pants would work a bit better.
In terms of sleeve width - nothing that enough lifting will not solve :D
Otherwise pretty decent.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Looks good.

Does it have quilted liner? That's my best guess what the Q stands for. Regular ones come with that zip out fleece liner, only the HH one comes with the quilt liner. Japan retailers are known to make small customization like lining and zip changes to differentiate their Schott jackets from the ones being sold in the US as the retail price is higher in Japan than US.

oruaM89

New in Town
yes he has the quilted liner. So this model is the horse hide? the leather is very thick, how can make the leather more soft? . Maybe it has the sleeves a little bit large in the bicipt, but is good.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It's their heavyweight steerhide. This must be made during the heavyweight leather wars in Japan. Schott was sending them jackets made with 1.6mm heavy weight steerhide.
IMG_1807.JPG

Give it some conditioning and lots of wear, you'll get use to the thicker leather.

There are even thicker ones from the smaller shops like Langlitz and Johnson if thick leather is your thing, look for them on the used market, made around early 2010s I think.

IMG_1806.JPG

IMG_1809.JPG

jauregui

Familiar Face
I am in love with the cross zip/CR
It's their heavyweight steerhide. This must be made during the heavyweight leather wars in Japan. Schott was sending them jackets made with 1.6mm heavy weight steerhide.
View attachment 542521

Give it some conditioning and lots of wear, you'll get use to the thicker leather.

There are even thicker ones from the smaller shops like Langlitz and Johnson if thick leather is your thing, look for them on the used market, made around early 2010s I think.

View attachment 542522
View attachment 542523
Both jackets are quality! Is the second one a Johnsons?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Aye, the 2mm one is actually a Johnson jacket. A few of these made their way to Japan years ango under different brands like Westride and I think also Yah Ta Hey and even a few non motorcycle fashion brands in Japan. Deals are good because no one knows what they are when they show up on the used market.
I am in love with the cross zip/CR

Both jackets are quality! Is the second one a Johnsons?

jauregui

Familiar Face
Aye, the 2mm one is actually a Johnson jacket. A few of these made their way to Japan years ango under different brands like Westride and I think also Yah Ta Hey and even a few non motorcycle fashion brands in Japan. Deals are good because no one knows what they are when they show up on the used market.
Craftmanship is top of the line. My friend has several Westride jackets. they are nice.

oruaM89

New in Town
So you thinks that my 641 are made from horsehide or steerhide? Consider that have a quilted lined, like the 641hh

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It’s steerhide for sure. If horsehide there would be a horsehide label anD also the serial number will have H or HH after the numbers (Inside pocket small white tag)

Heavyweight steerhide is good stuff, just wear and enjoy.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Loops like you nailed the size. I find with Schott stuff that the most important measurement is at the waist. If that works, the rest of the thing seems to fall into place.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
i think the sleeve is just flat thus appear big from the jacket not being worn enough, once you wear it often it will rest better and appear rounder, if you are just into leather jacket then racer model is usually your style choice and looks like the most versatile and stylish jacket to the eyes, but don't buy many pieces, because your taste might move from it into crosszip or other style that you swear you won't touch at the time you start your leather jacket journey.

oruaM89

New in Town
Whats your weight and height? or measurements?
Jacket measurements:
Length: Approximately inches 24.5 (62 cm)
Shoulder Width: Approximately inches 19 (49 cm)
Arm pit to arm pit: Approximately inches 21.5 (55 cm)
Sleeve Length: Approximately 24 inches (61 cm)

I'm around 5.9, 177 lbs

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It's a good fit (before and now). Don't over think it. You've got an athletic build to rock this pattern. Just enjoy. It's hard to find a good condition 641 from Japan. They're usually very heavily used with the grey coming through already. Yours looks like new still very black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner