Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 673 fit guide?

Ike13lol

New in Town
Bought a schott 673 over the weekend. I am tall at 6 foot 1 and 140 pounds. Bought a medium. It's a bit big in the stomach but length and shoulders seem right? Thought about buying an aero jacket but at double the price I'm nervous it may still not fit perfect? It's a super stiff jacket, hoping it will break in over time!

Attachments

• 20221105_092547.jpg
    20221105_092547.jpg
    862.3 KB · Views: 466
  • 20221105_092555.jpg
    20221105_092555.jpg
    794 KB · Views: 443

Edward

Bartender
Fit there looks 'right' to me per the design; my understanding is this is intended to be a boxier jacket akin to the Aero Highwayman rather than something more form fitting. If you want a neater fit, of course there will certainly be plenty of options for that if you're looking at Aero; best thing to do there is to drop them a line and explain what you're after, they''ll give you a steer as to which style and hide best suits what you want to achieve.

Observe

One Too Many
At that height and weight it's gonna be hard to find anything form fitting in the midsection. I'm 6'4 200lb and still have the same problem. The shoulders and sleeves length look good to me. Chest looks good too.

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
way too big. You probably need to go custom for the "perfect fit", but a lot of Schotts are longer cut, like 25.5-26 inch back. So if you go with a small, you might be able to get lucky. Not sure what style you want, but check out 519. It's a longer, slim fitting perfecto style. Nice thing is you can buy used for like $400-500 range if you're patient, so not too much risk if you get wrong.

The other option for off the rack is some of the collab stuff. A lot of the boutique shops will add length and make certain patterns slimmer. You see this a lot with the 3-16 collabs, Leftfield, Iron Heart, etc. They work with Vanson, Schott, Simmons Bilt, etc. but "modernize" the look which usually means slimmer and longer. You see this a lot with the Japanese makers too. Forget which one (maybe Fine Creek?) but they tend to be longer and slimmer, also Lewis Leather Japan.

Or you got to bite the bullet and go custom with Aero.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Bought a schott 673 over the weekend. I am tall at 6 foot 1 and 140 pounds. Bought a medium. It's a bit big in the stomach but length and shoulders seem right? Thought about buying an aero jacket but at double the price I'm nervous it may still not fit perfect? It's a super stiff jacket, hoping it will break in over time!
I think the jacket looks good on you. You can always layer if you feel the jacket is a little big on your torso. In true honesty, if you want a jacket of the rack will be difficult to fit you well due to the arm length you need. Most makers keep their small and medium sizes to 25-26 inches long at the arms. You know, vintage jackets did make long sizes along with their regular cuts. I have seen vintage Schott long version on some of their nicer jackets. Johnson leathers will make a long cut for you if you ask them. Furthermore, I think Aero can cut a longer jacket version of their premier line.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112